Studies on adsorption indicators
- 18 Downloads
A number of substituted succinein dyes have been used as adsorption indicators in the argentometric titrations of halide and sulphocyanide ions. Dyes in the first series are derived by condensing a number of substituted succinic acids with resorcinol and in the second series the dyes are derived by condensing different aromatic hydroxy compounds with phenyl succinic acid. In first series are the dyes such as resorcinol phenyl succinein, resorcinol o-chlorophenyl succinein and in the second series are the dyes such as resorcinol phenyl succinein, phloroglucinol phenyl succinein. The results cannot be explained by the existing theories. Detailed experimental procedures have been described for resorcinol phenyl succinein, resorcinol o-chlorophenyl succinein and resorcinol methyl succinein.
Resorcinol phenyl succinein has been found to be a better indicator than resorcinol succinein.
KeywordsMethyl Physical Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Titration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chauhan, J. S.: D. Phil. Thesis, Allahabad University 1958.Google Scholar
- 2.Fajans, K.: Die Chemische Analyse, Bd. 33, Neuere maßanalyt. Methoden, 1935, S. 161.Google Scholar
- 3.Kapoor, U., and H. L. Nigam: Z. analyt. Chem. 174, 179 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.Kolthoff I., M., and W. D. Larson: J. Amer. chem. Soc. 56, 1881 (1934); cf. Z. analyt. Chem. 103, 207 (1935).Google Scholar
- 5.Mehrotra, R. C., R. D. Tiwari, and H. L. Dube: J. Indian chem. Soc. 24, 4 (1947).Google Scholar