The difficulty in determining how much skin must be resected to achieve an adequate forehead and eyebrow lift through the coronal approach led the author to search for another forehead rhytidoplasty procedure. The endoscopic approach yields a natural lift of the eyebrows without skin excision through a minimal incision. It has been useful for patients who have a prominent forehead or have had a forehead rhytidoplasty. In addition, this technique provides a smooth forehead that is achieved by breaking the continuity of the forehead and glabella muscles. Despite the fact that the endoscopic approach is in the early stages of development, the results obtained from its use allow it to be an alternative procedure for treating the aging forehead and glabella.
Key wordsEndoscopic approach Corrugator Procerus Frontal belly Forehead-Glabella
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abramo AC: Anatomy of the forehead muscles: the basis for video-endoscopic approach in forehead rhytidoplasty (in revision)Google Scholar
- 2.Aiache AE: Endoscopic plastic surgery, (abstract). Biennial Meeting of International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Paris, 1993, p 13Google Scholar
- 3.Connell BF, Lambros VS, Neurohr GH: The forehead lift: techniques to avoid complications and produce optimal results. Aesth Plast Surg 13:217–221, 1989Google Scholar
- 4.Gray H, Gross CM: Gray's Anatomy, 29 ed. Baltimore: The Williams and Wilkins Co., 1977Google Scholar
- 5.Isse N: Endoscopic facial rejuvenation: endoforehead, the functional lift. Case reports. Aesth Plast Surg 18:21–29, 1994Google Scholar
- 6.Kaye BL: Forehead and brow. In: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 1983, pp 731–748.Google Scholar
- 7.Lockhart RD, Hamilton GF, Fyfe FW: Anatomy of the Human Body. London: Faber and Faber, 1959Google Scholar
- 8.McKinney P, Mossie RD, Zukowski ML: Criteria for the forehead lift. Aesth Plast Surg 15:141–147, 1991Google Scholar
- 9.Pitanguy I: Indications for and treatment of frontal and glabellar wrinkles in an analysis of 3,404 consecutive cases of rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg 67:157–166, 1981Google Scholar
- 10.Ramirez OM: Endoscopic techniques in facial rejuvenation: an overview. Instructional Course PSEF/ ASPRS, New Orleans, LA, September 1993, 29 ppGoogle Scholar
- 11.Rudolph R, Miller SH: Do Forehead lifts lift or unfurl? Aesth Plast Surg 16:1–9, 1992Google Scholar
- 12.Tirkanits B, Daniel RK: The “biplanar” forehead lift. Aesth Plast Surg 14:111–117, 1990Google Scholar