Neck recontouring with suture suspension and liposuction: An alternative for the early rhytidectomy candidate
- 176 Downloads
The authors present a new technique that uses liposuction of the submental and submandibular areas to remove fat and initiate skin contracture. The technique also includes platysmal resection and the use of interlocking sutures running through a subcutaneous tunnel immediately below the submandibular border. The results of the procedure are a recontoured neck and highlighted mandibular border.
Key wordsLiposuction-Platysma resection Neck recontouring Mandible contouring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Connell BF: Contouring the neck in the rhytidectomy by lipectomy and a muscle sling. Plast Reconstr Surg 61:376, 1978Google Scholar
- 2.Connell BF, Gaan A: Surgical correction of aesthetic contour problems of the neck. Clin Plast Surg 10:491, 1983Google Scholar
- 3.Ellenbogen AK: Visual criteria for success in restoring the youthful neck. Plast Reconstr Surg 66(6):827–838, 1980Google Scholar
- 4.Feldman JJ: Corset platysmalplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg 85:333, 1990Google Scholar
- 5.Guerrero Santos J: The role of the platysma muscle in rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg 54:127, 1974Google Scholar
- 6.Seckel BR: Facial Danger Zones. St. Louis: Quality Medical Pub. Inc., 1994, p 3Google Scholar
- 7.Smith JW, Nelson R, Weaver K: Rhytidectomy in Male Patients. Aesth Plast Surg 7:41–45, 1983Google Scholar