Ancillary direct excisions in the periorbital and nasolabial regions for facial rejuvenation revisited/at]
- 80 Downloads
In select patients, direct excisions of nasolabial folds and secondary malar festoons may be appropriate. On occasion, direct browlifting procedures may be indicated. We have analyzed our experience with 23 patients who had direct surgical excisions of skin as ancillary procedures for facial rejuvenation. Standardized photographic techniques were used. In all cases, the desired surgical effect was achieved. In two patients who had a direct browlift, scarring was felt to be quite visible. We conclude that in a select group of patients, these procedures provide predictably beneficial results.
Key wordsDirect excisions Facial rejuvenation Nasolabial folds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Castanares S: Forehead wrinkles, glabella frown and ptosis of the eyebrows. Plast Reconstr Surg 34:406, 1964Google Scholar
- 2.Castanares S: In: Rees TD (ed): Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 1980, p 703Google Scholar
- 3.Chajchir A, Benzaquen I: Liposuction fat grafts in face wrinkles and hemifacial atrophy. Aesth Plast Surg 10:115, 1986Google Scholar
- 4.De Castro Correia P, Zani R: Surgical anatomy of the facial nerve, as related to ancillary operations in rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg 52:549, 1973Google Scholar
- 5.Knapp TR, Kaplan EN, Daniels JR: Injectable collagen for soft tissue augmentation. Plast Reconstr Surg 60(3):398, 1977Google Scholar
- 6.Millard DR, Mullin WR, Hunsaker RH: Evaluation of a technique designed to correct nasolabial folds. Plast Reconstr Surg 89:356, 1992Google Scholar
- 7.Mitz V, Peyronie M: The superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS) in the parotid and cheek area. Plast Reconstr Surg 58:80, 1976Google Scholar
- 8.Owsley JQ: Re: Vilain: Dallas Platysmas (letter). Ann Plast Surg 14:98, 1985Google Scholar
- 9.Psillakis JM, Rumley TO, Camargos A: Subperiosteal approach as an improved concept for correction of the aging face. Plast Reconstr Surg 82:383, 1988Google Scholar
- 10.Rafaty FM, Cochran J: A technique of nasolabioplasty. Laryngoscope 88:95, 1978Google Scholar
- 11.Rees TD, Tabbal N: Lower blepharoplasty: With emphasis on the orbicularis muscle. Clin Plast Surg 8:643, 1981Google Scholar