A case of bilateral Wilms' tumour of the kidneys and the retrourethral region
- 16 Downloads
Bilateral Wilms' tumour of the kidneys and the retrouretheral region in a 52-day-old boy is reported. These tumours are of the same histological appearance, similar to that of a malignant rhabdoid tumour of the kidney. We suggest that these tumours have arisen from the mesonephric duct or the mesonephros and Wilms' tumour may have originated from mesonephros or an even earlier developmental stage.
Key wordsBilateral Wilms' tumour Extrarenal Wilms' tumour Rhabdoid tumour Mesonephros
malignant rhabdoid tumour of kidney
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aterman K, Grantmyre E, Gillis DA (1979) Extrarenal Wilms' tumor: A review and case report. Invest Cell Pathol 2:309–318Google Scholar
- 2.Beckwith JB (1983) Wilms' tumor and other renal tumors of childhood: a selective review from the national Wilms' tumor study pathology center. Hum Pathol 14:481–492Google Scholar
- 3.Breslow NE, Beckwith JB (1982) Epidemiological features of Wilms' tumor: result of the national Wilms' tumor study. JNCI 68:429–436Google Scholar
- 4.Fowler M (1971) Differentiated nephroblastoma: solid, cystic or mixed. J Pathol 105:215–218Google Scholar
- 5.Hirayama T (1979) Descriptive and analytical epidemiology of childhood malignancy in Japan. In: Recent advances in managements of children with cancer. The children's cancer association of Japan, Tokyo, pp 27–43Google Scholar
- 6.Langman J (1975) Medical embryology. Human development-normal and abnormal, 3rd edn. Williams and Wilkins Company, Baltimore, pp 160–174Google Scholar
- 7.Orlowski JP, Levin HS, Dyment PG (1980) Intrascrotal Wilms' tumor developing in a heterotopic renal anlage of probable mesonephric origin. J Pediatr Surg 15:679–682Google Scholar
- 8.Stevens PS, Eckstein HB (1976) Ureteral Metastasis from Wilms Tumor. J Urol 115:467–468Google Scholar
- 9.Tsunoda A, Nishi T, Sasaki Y, Misugi K (1981) Bilateral nephroblastoma-an analysis of 27 cases in Japan. Jap J Pediat Surg 13:1517–1524Google Scholar
- 10.Young JL, Miller RW (1975) Incidence of malignant tumors in U.S. children. J Pediatr 86:254–258Google Scholar