Chemical reactions at gas-liquid interfaces a novel source of spatial dissipative structures
- 30 Downloads
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Avnir, D., Kagan, M., Levi, A.: Naturwissenschaften 70, 144 (1983)Google Scholar
- 2.Kagan, M., Levi, A., Avnir, D.: ibid. 69, 548 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.Möckel, P.: ibid. 64, 224 (1977)Google Scholar
- 4.A similar conclusion was reached by J.C. Micheau (private communication) for the photochemical case, after finding additional systems to those reported by us.Google Scholar
- 5.We are aware only of Orban's speculation [J. Am. Chem. Soc. 102, 4311 (1980)] regarding the role of oxygen diffusion in the formation of the stationary spatial structures in the Belousov-Zhabotinskii reaction.Google Scholar
- 6.E.g., this phenomenon is not described in any of the following reviews and classic texts on structures and interfaces: Thompson, D'Arcy, W.: Growth and Form. Cambridge 1942; Chandrasekhar, S.: Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability. Cambridge Univ. Press 1958; Defay, R., Prigogine, I.: Surface Tension and Adsorption. London: Longman, Green and Co. 1966; Nicolis, G., Prigogine, I.: Self-Organization in Non-Equilibrium Systems. New York: Wiley 1977; Haken, H.: Synergetics — an Introduction. Berlin-Heidelberg-New York: Springer 1978; Dynamics and Instability of Fluid Interfaces (ed. Sorensen, T.S.), Lecture Notes in Physics 105 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.E.g., Defay, R., Prigogine, I., Sanfeld, A.: Coll. Interface Sci. 1, 527 (1977); Wollkind, D.J., Frisch, H.C.: Phys. Fluids 14, 13 (1971); Ibanez, J.L., Velarde, M.G.: J. Phys. 38, 1479 (1977); Steinchen-Sanfeld, A., Sanfeld, A.: Chem. Phys. 1, 156 (1973); Sorensen, T.S., et al.: Progr. Coll. Polym. Sci. 61, 66 (1976)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1983