Conversion of versiconal acetate to versiconal and versicolorin C in extracts from Aspergillus parasiticus
- 63 Downloads
The primary product of hydrolysis of versiconal acetate catalyzed by porcine liver esterase and the 35–70% ammonium sulfate fraction from a soluble extract from mycelia of Aspergillus parasiticus was versiconal. Versiconal was stable at neutral pH for several hours and was rapidly converted to versi-colorin C by treatment with 0.4 M HCl. The addition of NADPH to the 35–70% ammonium sulfate fraction resulted in conversion of versiconal acetate to both versiconal and versicolorin C. The conversion of versiconal acetate to versicolorin C in the cell-free system is proposed to involve an esterase and an NADPH-dependent cyclase.
Key wordsversiconal aflatoxin Aspergillus versicolorin C
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wan NC, Hsieh DPH. Enzymatic formation of the bisfuran structure in aflatoxin biosynthesis. Appl Envir Microbiol 1980; 39: 109–112.Google Scholar
- 2.Maggan KK, Gupta SK, Venkitasubramanian TA. Biosynthesis of aflatoxins. Bact Rev 1977; 41: 822–855.Google Scholar
- 3.Anderson MS, Dutton MF. Biosynthesis of versicolorin A. Appl Environ Microbiol 1980; 40: 706–709.Google Scholar
- 4.Dutton MF. Enzymes and Aflatoxin Biosynthesis. Microbiol Reviews 1988; 52: 274–295.Google Scholar
- 5.Adye JC, Mateles RI. Incorporation of labeled compounds into aflatoxin. Biochim Biophys Acta 1964; 86: 418–420.Google Scholar
- 6.Lee LS, Bennett JW, Cuculla AF, Stanley JB. Synthesis of versicolorin A by a mutant strain of Aspergillus parasiticus deficient in aflatoxin production. J Agric Food Chem 1975; 23: 1132–1134.Google Scholar
- 7.Reddy T, Viswanathan L, Venkitasubramanian T. High aflatoxin production on a chemically defined medium. Appl Microbiol 1971; 22: 393–396.Google Scholar
- 8.Greenfield NJ, McKenzie MA, Adebodum F, Jordan F, Lenard J. Metabolism of D-glucose in a wall-less mutant of Neurospora crassa examined by 13C and 31P nuclear magnetic resonances: Effects of insulin Biochem 1988; 27: 8526–8533.Google Scholar