Elastic modulus and yield stress of suspensions
- 80 Downloads
A recent technique, developed to measure yield stress has here also been used to determine the elastic modulus of a suspension. Temperature effects have been measured.
Key wordsSuspension yield stress elastic modulus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bird RB, Dai G, Yarusso B (1982) The rheology and flow of viscoplastic materials. Rev Chem 1:1–70Google Scholar
- Brown RP (1981) Handbook of plastics test methods. G. Godwin Limited, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Cheng D (1986) Yield stress: a time-dependent property and how to measure it. Rheol Acta 25:542–554Google Scholar
- De Kee D, Durning D (1990) Rheology of materials with a yield stress. In: Collyer A, Utracki L (eds) Polymer theology and processing. Elsevier, New York 177–203Google Scholar
- De Kee, D, Mohan P, Soong D (1986) Yield stress determination of styrene-butadiene-styrene triblock copolymer solutions. J Macromol Sci Phys B25 (1 + 2):153–169Google Scholar
- Hartnett J, Hu R (1989) The yield stress - an engineering reality. J Rheol 33:671–679Google Scholar
- Nielsen LE (1974) Mechanical properties of polymers and composites. Marcel Dekker, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Nguyen Q, Boger D (1983) Yield stress measurement for concentrated suspensions. J Rheol 27:321–349Google Scholar
© Steinkopff-Verlag 1994