Production of patulin and griseofulvin by a strain of Penicillium griseofulvum in three different media
- 58 Downloads
Production of patulin and griseofulvin by a strain of Penicillium griseofulvum is described. Mycelial dry weight, pH and production of patulin and griseofulvin were assayed in a minimal and a complete medium; patulin or griseofulvin production was assayed in apple juice.
KeywordsPenicillium Complete Medium Apple Juice Griseofulvin Patulin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bahk J, Marth EH: Aflatoxin production is inhibited by selected herbal drugs. Mycopathologia 83:129–134, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Cole RJ, Cox RH: Handbook of toxic fungal metabolites. Academic Press, Inc, London, 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.Kurata H: Current scope of mycotoxin research from the viewpoint of food microbiology. In: Uraguchi K, Yamazaki M (ed) Toxicology, biochemistry and pathology of mycotoxins. John Wiley and Sons, Inc, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 4.Lochhead AG, Chase FE, Landerkin GB: Production of calviformin by soil penicillia. Canadian Journal Research Sect E 24:1–9, 1946.Google Scholar
- 5.Saeed M, Khuliq A, Tanwirul H, Chughtai MID: Production of griseofulvin by Penicillium griseofulvum. Pakistan Journal Biochemistry 7:19–23, 1974.Google Scholar
- 6.Scott PM: Penicillium mycotoxins. In: Wyllie TD, Morehouse LG (eds) Mycotoxic fungi, mycotoxins, mycotoxicoses, vol 1. Mycotoxic fungi and chemistry of mycotoxins. Marcel Dekker, Inc, New York, 1977.Google Scholar
- 7.Scoot PM, Miles WF, Toft P, Dube JG: Occurrence of patulin in apple juice. Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry 20:450–451, 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.Torres M, Sanchis V, Riba M, Canela R: Simple method for determination of the production of patulin by Penicillium griseofulvum Dierckx. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 51:209–210, 1986.Google Scholar