Double inlet right ventricle
- 96 Downloads
A case of double inlet right ventricle in which both atrioventricular valves opened completely into the right ventricle is described. The left atrium communicated with the right ventricle by way of an opening low in the atrial septum and there was a large ventricular septal defect. The pulmonary trunk and aorta took their origin from the right and hypoplastic left ventricles respectively. The literature on this rare cardiac anomaly is reviewed and the morphological findings in this case are compared with those of the recorded cases. A short discussion of the possible embryogenesis is given.
Key wordsDouble inlet right ventricle Straddling mitral valve Double outlet right ventricle Common ventricle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cabrera A, Azcuna JI (1974) Ventricule droit à double entrée: étude d'un cas anatomo-clinique. Arch Mal Coeur 67:65–71Google Scholar
- Chuaqui JB, Bersch W (1972) The periods of determination of cardiac malformations. Virch Arch Abt A Path Anat 356:95–110Google Scholar
- Chuaqui B (1979) Doerr's theory of morphogenesis of arterial transposition in light of recent research. Br Heart J 41:481–485Google Scholar
- Lev M, Liberthson RR, Kirkpatrick JR, Eckner FAO, Arcilla RA (1969) Single (primitive) ventricle. Circulation 39:577–591Google Scholar
- Liberthson RR, Paul MH, Muster AJ, Arcilla RA, Eckner FAO, Lev M (1971) Straddling and displaced atrioventricular orifices and valves with primitive ventricles. Circulation 43:213–226Google Scholar
- Marin-Garcia J, Tandon R, Moller JH. Edwards JE (1974) Single ventricle with transposition. Circulation 49:994–1004Google Scholar
- Munoz-Castellanos L, Rodriguez-Llorian A, Martinez-Rios MA and Espino Vela J (1969) Doble camara de salida y de entrada del ventriculo derecho. Arch Inst Cardiol Mexico 39:114–123Google Scholar
- Munoz-Castellanos L, de la Cruz M, Cieslinski A (1973) Double inlet right ventricle: Two pathological specimens with comments on embryology. Br Heart J 35:292–297Google Scholar
- Quero-Jimenez M, Perez-Martinez VM, Maitre Azcarate MJ, Merino-Batres G, Moreno-Granados F (1973) Exaggerated displacement of the atrioventricular canal towards the bulbus cordis (rightward displacement of the mitral valve). Br Heart J 35:65–74Google Scholar
- Tandon R, Holler JH, Edwards JE (1973) Communication of mitral valve with both ventricles associated with double outlet right ventricle. Circulation 48:904–908Google Scholar
- Van Praagh R, Ongley PA, Swan HJC (1964) Anatomic types of single or common ventricle in man. Morphologic and geometric aspects of 60 necropsied cases. Am J Cardiol 13:367–386Google Scholar