A new algorithm for solving the general quadratic programming problem
- 98 Downloads
For the general quadratic programming problem (including an equivalent form of the linear complementarity problem) a new solution method of branch and bound type is proposed. The branching procedure uses a well-known simplicial subdivision and the bound estimation is performed by solving certain linear programs.
Keywordsgeneral quadratic programming problem linear complementarity problem global optimization branch and bound algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.P.Benson, “Concave optimization: Theory, application and algorithms,” in Handbook of Global Optimization, R.Horst and P.M.Pardalos (Eds.), Kluwer Academic Publishers: Dordrecht, 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.I.M.Bomze and G.Danninger, “A finite algorithm for solving general quadratic problems,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 4, pp. 1–16, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.J.E.Falk and K.Hoffman, “A successive underestimation method for concave minimization problems,” Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 1, pp. 251–259, 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.C.A.Floudas and V.Visweswaran, “Quadratic optimization,” in Handbook of Global Optimization, R.Horst and P.M.Pardalos (Eds.), Kluwer Academic Publishers: Dordrecht, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Horst and N.V. Thoai, “A decomposition approach for the global minimization of biconcave functions over polytopes,” Forschungsbericht Nr. 92-23, University of Trier, Department of Mathematics and Informatics, 1993, forthcoming in Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 8, no. 3, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.R.Horst and H.Tuy, Global Optimization: Deterministic Approaches, 2nd revised edition, Springer-Verlag: Berlin, 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.R.Horst, P.M.Pardalos, and N.V.Thoai, Introduction to Global Optimization, Kluwer Academic Publishers: Dordrecht, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.L.D.Muu and W.Oettli, “An algorithm for indefinite quadratic programming with convex constraints,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 10, pp. 323–327, 1991.Google Scholar
- 9.P.M.Pardalos and J.B.Rosen, Constrained Global Optimization: Algorithms and Applications, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 268, Springer-Verlag: Berlin, 1987.Google Scholar