Current status of secondary school mathematics curriculum development in China
- 78 Downloads
In this article, we intend to give a brief account of secondary school mathematics curriculum development in China. Some experimental teaching materials and teaching methods are introduced. One of the most influential projects is described in detail.
Heartfelt gratitude is due to our supervisor, Professor David F. Robitaille at the University of British Columbia. It is under his encouragement and guidance that this article sees the light.
KeywordsTeaching Method Experimental Teaching Teaching Material School Mathematics Curriculum Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Howson, A. G., C. Keitel, and J. Kilpatrick: 1981, Curriculum Development in Mathematics, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Leung, F. K. S.: 1987, ‘The secondary school mathematics curriculum in China’, Educational Studies in Mathematics 18, 35–37.Google Scholar
- Robitaille, D. F.: 1985, An Analysis of Selected Achievement Data, Victoria, B.C., Ministry of Education.Google Scholar
- Robitaille, D. F. and Dirks, K.: 1982, ‘Models for the mathematics curriculum’, For the Learning of Mathematics 2(3), 3–21.Google Scholar
- General Reports in Mathematics 5, 1982, 11–14, Beijing, Beijing Normal University Press.Google Scholar
- Mathematics Teaching in Secondary School 2, 1984, 58–66, Wuhan, Hubei University Press.Google Scholar
- People's Education 9, 1983, 5–12, Beijing: People's Education Publishing House.Google Scholar