GAUSSX: An integrated environment for GAUSS
- 15 Downloads
This paper considers the boundary between classical statistical packages on the one hand, and programming languages on the other. The former are easy to use, but relatively inflexible, while the latter are very flexible, but have steep learning curves. A new class of software is now being developed that allows both flexibility, and ease-of-use. This concept is illustrated by the program GAUSSX, which provides an econometric shell for GAUSS.
Key wordsApplied economic modelling econometric software integrated environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bryon R.P., 1987, SHAZAM: A review, Journal of Applied Econometrics, (2), 79–82.Google Scholar
- GAUSS. Vsn 2.0, Aptech Systems Inc., 26250 196th Place S.E., Kent WA. 98042. Tel 206-631-6679 ($395).Google Scholar
- GAUSSX, Vsn 2.0, Aptech Systems Inc., 26250 196th Place S.E., Kent WA. 98042. Tel 206-631-6679 ($100).Google Scholar
- Simon, B., 1989; Better tools for higher math: When numbers count, PC Magazine 8(5), March 289–310.Google Scholar
- Vinod, H.D., 1989, SORITEC, American Statistician 43(4), 266–269.Google Scholar