On the effect of glucono-δ-lactone on the yeast Pichia polymorpha
- 29 Downloads
Investigation has been made into the action of glucono-δ-lactone on living cells of Pichia polymorpha in relation to the uptake of D-(U-14C) glucose, and the incorporation of (2-14C) uracil and L-(U-14C)-threonine into RNA and protein respectively. Other factors such as the action of glucono-δ-lactone on cell morphology and on enzymic synthesis have also been studied. The action of this compound on β-glucanase has been found to take place in the hydrolytic power and not in the synthesis.
Key wordsPichia polymorpha Streptomyces venezuelae RA Penicillium italicum β-Glucanase Glucono-δ-lactone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abd-El-Al, T. H., Phaff, H. J.: Exo-β-glucanases in yeast. Biochem. J. 109, 347–360 (1968)Google Scholar
- Agrawal, B. B. L., Goldstein, I. J.: Specific binding of concanavalin A to cross-linked dextrans gels. Biochem. J. 96, 23c (1965)Google Scholar
- Benítez, T., Villa, T. G., Garcia Acha, I.: Chemical and structural differences in mycelial and regeneration walls of Trichoderma viride. Arch. Microbiol. 105, 277–282 (1975)Google Scholar
- Chesters, C. G. C., Bull, A. T.: The enzymic degradation of laminarin. Some effects of temperature, pH and various chemical reagents on fungal laminarinases. Biochem. J. 86, 38–45 (1963)Google Scholar
- Farkas, V., Biely, P., Bauer, S.: Extracellular β-glucanases of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim. biophys. Acta (Amst.) 321, 246–255 (1973)Google Scholar
- Fleet, G. H., Phaff, H. J.: Glucanases in Schizosaccharomyces. Isolation and properties of the cell wall-associated β-(1-3)glucanases. J. biol. Chem. 249, 1717–1728 (1974)Google Scholar
- Manners, D. J., Masson, A. J., Patterson, J. C.: The structure of a β-(1-3)-D-glucan from yeast cell walls. Biochem. J. 135, 19–30 (1973)Google Scholar
- Venema, G., Pritchard, R. H., Venema-Schröder, T.: Fate of transforming deoxy-ribonucleic acid in Bacillus subtilis. J. Bact. 89, 1250–1255 (1965)Google Scholar
- Villa, T. G., Notario, V., Benítez, T., Villanueva, J. R.: Synthesis of β-glucanase and other extracellular proteins by cells and protoplasts of the yeast Pichia polymorpha. Effect of 2-deoxy-D-glucose. Arch Microbiol. 105, 335–337 (1975b)Google Scholar
- Villa, T. G., Notario, V., Villanueva, J. R.: β-Glucanases of the yeast Pichia polymorpha. Arch. Microbiol. 104, 201–206 (1975a)Google Scholar