SPICE: Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination
- 524 Downloads
In June 1991, the International Standards group for Software Engineering approved a study period to investigate the need and requirements for a standard for software process management. A new international work item has been subsequently raised. The resulting project is named SPICE (Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination). The project aims to build on the best features of existing software assessment methods.
KeywordsSPICE software process software assessment software improvement software standards
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ISO/IEC (1991a) Proposal for a Study Period on Process Management, JTC1/SC7 N872, 14 June.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC (1991b) ImproveIT, Issue 1.0a, JTC1/SC7 N865, June.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC (1992) The Need and Requirements for a Software Process Assessment Standard, Study Report, Issue 2.0, JTC1/SC7 N944R, 11 June.Google Scholar
- Paulk, M.C., Curtis, B., Chrissis, M.B. and Weber, C.V. (1993) Capability Maturity Model for Software Version 1.1. Technical Report CMU/SEI-93-TR-24, Software Engineering Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, February.Google Scholar
- Bell Canada (1992) TRILLIUM — Telecom Software Product Development Capability Assessment Model, Draft 2.1, July.Google Scholar
- Compita Ltd (1993) Software Technology Diagnostic, V2.5.Google Scholar
- Commission of the European Communities (1990–92) ESPRIT project 5441 BOOTSTRAP.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC (1993a) Requirements Specification for a Software Process Assessment Standard, Version 1.00, JTC1/SC7/WG10 N017R, 3 June.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC (1993b) Product Specification for a Software Process Assessment Standard, Version 1.00, JTC1/SC7/N016R, 22 June.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC (1993c) SPICE Baseline Practices Guide, Product Description, Issue 0.03 (DRAFT) July.Google Scholar