Quantitative elastic recoil detection (ERD)
- 41 Downloads
Elastic recoil detection with heavy ions is a well suited method to measure depth profiles of light and medium heavy elements in thin films. Due to known Rutherford scattering cross sections and stopping powers of ions in matter, measurements can be quantified with an accuracy of about 1%. The transformation of energy spectra to quantitative elemental depth profiles, however, is generally a non trivial task and therefore a transofrmation algorithm has been developed based on a similar one for RBS analysis and realised in the program KONZERD. The transformation procedure allows a fast conversion from raw spectra to concentration profiles for classical ERD measurements as well as for high resolution measurements with a depth resolution better than 1 nm.
KeywordsThin Film High Resolution Energy Spectrum Concentration Profile Depth Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dollinger G, Faestermann T, Maier-Komor P (1992) Nucl Instr Meth B 64:422Google Scholar
- 2.Dollinger G (1993) Nucl Instr Meth B 79:513Google Scholar
- 3.Dollinger G, Bergmaier A, Faestermann T, Frey CM (1995) Fresenius J Anal Chem (this issue)Google Scholar
- 4.Dollinger G, Faestermann T, Frey CM, Bergmaier A, Schwabedissen E, Fischer T, Schwarz R (1994) Nucl Instr Meth B 85:786Google Scholar
- 5.Børgesen P, Behrisch R, Scherzer BMU (1982) Appl Phys A 27:183Google Scholar
- 6.Bergmaier A, Dollinger G, Faestermann T, Frey CM, Dworschak W, Ehrhardt H (1995) Diamond Relat Mater 4:478Google Scholar