A powerful method of simplifying the proofs of program correctness is suggested; and some new light is shed on the problem of functions with side-effects.
KeywordsInformation System Operating System Data Structure Communication Network Information Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wirth, N.: The development of programs by stepwise refinement. Comm. ACM. 14, 221–227 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.Dijkstra, E. W.: Notes on structured programming. In Structured Programming. Academic Press (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.Hoare, C. A. R.: Notes on data structuring. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 4.Dahl, O.-J.: Hierachical program structures. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 5.Milner, R.: An algebraic definition of simulation between programs. CS 205 Stanford University, February 1971.Google Scholar
- 6.Dijkstra, E. W.: A constructive approach to the problem of program correctness. BIT. 8, 174–186 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.Dahl, O.-J., Myhrhaug, B., Nygaard, K.: The Simula 67 common base language. Norwegian Computing Center, Oslo, Publication No. S-22, 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.Hoare, C. A. R.: An axiomatic approach to computer programming. Comm. ACM. 12, 576–580, 583 (1969).Google Scholar