X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia: DNA probe linkage analysis and gene localization
- 40 Downloads
A linkage study of 24 families with hypohidrotic (anhidrotic) ectodermal dysplasia (HED) has been performed. The previously suggested linkage to DXYS1 has been confirmed, and linkage to probes DXS14 and DXS3 has been established. We suggest that the HED locus lies in the centromeric region between DXYS1 on the long arm and DXS14 on the short arm of the X chromosome, probably on proximal Xq.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bolund L, Ahrens P, Albertsen H, Jensen PKA, Kruse TA, Kolvraa S (1986) DNA probes for linkage analysis of X-linked diseases: localisation of the disease locus for anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia. Clin Genet 29:458 (abstr)Google Scholar
- Clarke A, Sarfarazi M, Thomas NST (1986) Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia: localization to the proximal long arm of the X chromosome. J Med Genet 23:473 (abstr)Google Scholar
- Filippi G, Rinaldi A, Crisponi G, Daniels GL, Siniscalco M (1979) X-mapping in man: evidence against measurable linkage between anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia and G6PD deficiency. J Med Genet 16:223–226Google Scholar
- Gerald PS, Brown JA (1974) Report of the committee on the genetic constitution of the X chromosome. Cytogenet Cell Genet 13:29–34Google Scholar
- Kunkel LM, Smith KD, Boyer SH, Borgaonker DS, Wachtel SS, Miller OJ, Breg WR, Jones HW, Rary JM (1977) Analysis of human Y-chromosome-specific reiterated DNA in chromosome variants. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 74:1245–1249Google Scholar
- Lathrop GM, Lalouel JM, Julier C, Ott J (1984) Strategies for multilocus linkage analysis in humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 81: 3443–3446Google Scholar
- MacDermot KD, Winter RM, Malcolm S (1986) X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (CST syndrome): clinical and molecular study using X-chromosome markers. Hum Genet 74:172–173Google Scholar
- Ott J (1974) Estimation of the recombination fraction in human linkage studies. Am J Hum Genet 26:588–597Google Scholar
- Race RR, Sanger R (1975) Blood groups in man, 6th edn. Blackwell, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Robertson ME, Hodgson SV, Fisher JA, Malcolm S, Jay B, Fear C, Bobrow M, Pembrey ME (1986) Prenatal exclusion in a family where chroideraemia is associated with a small Xq deletion. J Med Genet 23:472 (abstr)Google Scholar
- Souther EM (1975) Detection of specific sequences among DNA fragments separated by gel electrophoresis. J Mol Biol 98:503–517Google Scholar