Generating random variates from D-distributions via substitution sampling
- 65 Downloads
Laud et al. (1993) describe a method for random variate generation from D-distributions. In this paper an alternative method using substitution sampling is given. An algorithm for the random variate generation from SD-distributions is also given.
KeywordsD-distributions SD-distributions substitution sampling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Devroye, L. (1986) Non-Uniform Random Variate Generation. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Gelfand, A. E. and Smith, A. F. M. (1990) Sampling-based approaches to calculating marginal densities. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 85, 398–409.Google Scholar
- Laud, P. W. (1977) Bayesian nonparametric inference in reliability. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.Google Scholar
- Laud, P. W., Damien, P. and Smith, A. F. M. (1993) Random variate generation from D-distributions. Statistics and Computing, 3, 109–12.Google Scholar
- Damien, P., Laud, P. W. and Smith, A. F. M. (1995) Random variate generation approximating infinitely divisible distributions with application to Bayesian inference. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B. 57, 547–564.Google Scholar
- Smith, A. F. M. and Roberts, G. O. (1993) Bayesian computation via the Gibbs sampler and related Markov chain Monte Carlo methods. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B 55, 3–23.Google Scholar