Coherent bets under partially resolving uncertainty and belief functions
- 66 Downloads
By considering situations of partially resolving uncertainty, a one-to-one correspondence between belief functions and coherent betting systems à la de Finetti is shown to exist.
Keywordsdecision theory uncertainty betting system Dutch book belief function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Dempster: 1967, ‘Upper and lower probabilities induced by a multivalued mapping’, Annals of Mathematical Statistics 38, 325–339.Google Scholar
- 2.B. de Finetti: 1974, Theory of Probabilities, Vol. 1, Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Gale: 1960, The Theory of Linear Economic Models, McGraw Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- 4.L. J. Savage: 1972, The Foundations of Statistics (2d ed.), Dover Publications, New York.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Shafer: 1976, A Mathematical Theory of Evidence, Princeton University Press, Princeton.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1989