A note on products of Relative Difference Sets
- 52 Downloads
Relative Difference Sets with the parameters k = nλ have been constructed many ways (see (Davis, forthcoming; Elliot and Butson 1966; and Jungnickel 1982)). This paper proves a result on building new RDS by taking products of others (much like (Dillon 1985)), and this is applied to several new examples (primarily involving (pi, pj, pi, pi−j)).
Key wordsrelative difference sets p-groups
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Davis, J.A. (forthcoming). Construction of relative difference sets in p-groups. Discrete Mathematics.Google Scholar
- Dillon, J.F. 1985. Variations on a scheme of McFarland for noncyclic difference sets. J. Combin. Theory Ser. A 40: 9–21.Google Scholar
- Elliot, J.E.H., and Butson, A.T. 1966. Relative difference sets. Illinois J. Math. 10: 517–531.Google Scholar
- Jungnickel, D. 1982. On automorphism groups of divisible designs. Can. J. Math. 34: 257–297.Google Scholar
- Turyn, R.J. 1984. A special class of Williamson matrices and difference sets. J. Combin. Theory Ser. A 36: 111–115.Google Scholar