The de Haas-van Alphen effect in PdTe2
- 192 Downloads
The de Haas-van Alphen effect has been measured in the layer compound PdTe 2 . Frequency branches from 0.1 kT to 4.5 kT were observed in the three principal planes. Effective masses were also measured. The number of branches suggests a complicated Fermi surface which is not well explained by existing band structures.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Band Structure Effective Mass Fermi Surface Layer Compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.-P. Jan, W. E. Pearson, and M. Springford, Can. J. Phys. 42, 2357 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Kjekshus and W. B. Pearson, Can. J. Phys. 43, 438 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.J.-P. Jan and C. M. Perrott, J. Low Temp. Phys. 8, 195 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.L. F. Mattheiss, Phys. Rev. B 8, 3719 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.M. J. G. Lee, Phys. Rev. 178, 953 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.H. W. Myron, Solid State Commun. 15, 395 (1974).Google Scholar