Ionic alkyllead compounds in environmental water and sediments
- 28 Downloads
To elucidate the occurrence and fate of ionic alkyllead species in environmental water and sediments, a procedure, based on the existing methodology for speciation of lead in the biosphere, has been optimized. It allows species-specific detection of the degradation products of tetraalkyllead at levels down to 150 pg · L-1 in water or 25 pg · g-1 in sediment.
Results of a survey on lake, river and sea water and the corresponding sediments are presented; the possible correlations are outlined and discussed.
Key wordsionic alkyllead water and sediments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chakraborti, D., R. Van Cleuvenbergen & F. Adams, 1986. Determination of ionic alkyllead compounds in road runoff water and road dust by butylation and gas chromatography-atomic absorption spectrometry. In J. N. Lester, R. Perry & R. M. Steritt (eds), Proc. Int. Conf. Chemicals in the Environment, Lisbon 1986. Selper Ltd., London: 298–304.Google Scholar
- Chakraborti, D., R. Van Cleuvenbergen & F. Adams, 1987. Speciation of ionic alkyllead in aerosols by gas chromatography-atomic absorption spectrometry. Int. J. Envir. Anal. Chem., 30: 233–242.Google Scholar
- Chakraborti, D., W. R. A. De Jonghe, R. J. A. Van Cleuvenbergen, W. E. Van Mol & F. C. Adams, 1984. Determination of ionic alkyllead compounds in water by gas chromatography/atomic absorption spectrometry. Analyt. Chem. 56: 2692–2697.Google Scholar
- Chau, Y. K. & P. T. S. Wong, 1986. Occurrence of molecular and ionic alkyllead compounds in environmental samples. In J. N. Lester, R. Perry & R. M. Steritt (eds), Proc. Int. Con. Chemicals in the Environment, Lisbon 1986. Selper Ltd, London: 77–82.Google Scholar
- Chau, Y. K., P. T. S. Wong & O. Kramar, 1983. The determination of dialkyl-, trialkyl-, tetraalkyllead and lead (II) species in water by chelation/extraction and gas chromatography-atomic absorption spectrometry. Analyt. chim. Acta 146: 211–217.Google Scholar
- De Jonghe, W., D. Chakraborti & F. Adams, 1981. Identification and determination of individual tetraalkyllead species in air. Envir. Sci. Technol. 15: 1217–1222.Google Scholar
- De Jonghe, W. R. A., W. E. Van Mol & F. C. Adams, 1983. Determination of trialkyllead compounds in water by extraction and graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. Analyt. Chem. 55: 1050–1054.Google Scholar
- De Vos, D., J. Wolters, 1980. Synthesis, reactions and physicochemical properties of mono-organolead (IV) compounds. Rev. Silicon, Germanium, Tin and Lead compounds 4: 209–243.Google Scholar
- Estes, S. A., P. C. Uden & R. M. Barnes, 1982. Determination of n-butylated trialkyllead compounds by gas chromatography with microwave plasma emission detection. Analyt. Chem. 54: 2402–2405.Google Scholar
- Grandjean, P. & T. Nielsen, 1979. Organolead compounds: environmental health aspects. Residue Rev. 72: 97–148.Google Scholar
- Harrison, R. M. & D. P. H. Laxen, 1978. Natural source of tetraalkyllead in air. Nature (London) 275: 738–740.Google Scholar
- Jarvie, A. W. P., R. N. Markall & H. R. Potter, 1981. Decomposition of organolead compounds in aqueous systems. Envir. Res. 25: 241–249.Google Scholar
- Noden, F. G., 1980. The determination of tetraalkyllead compounds and their degradation products in natural water. In M. Branica & W. Konrad (eds), Lead in the marine environment. Pergamon Press, Oxford: 83–91.Google Scholar
- Radojevic, M. & R. M. Harrison, 1987. Concentrations and pathways of organolead compounds in the environment: a review. Sci. Total Envir. 59: 157–180.Google Scholar
- Shapiro, H. & F. W. Frey, 1968. The organic compounds of lead. J. Wiley & Sons, N.Y.: 255–298.Google Scholar
- Van Cleuvenbergen, R. J. A., D. Chakraborti& F. C. Adams, 1986. Occurrence of tri- and dialkyllead species in environmental water. Envir. Sci. Technol. 20: 589–593.Google Scholar
- Van Cleuvenbergen, R., D. Chakraborti & F. Adams, 1987. Speciation of ionic organolead compounds in the biosphere. In G. Angeletti & G. Restelli (eds), Physicochemical behaviour of atmospheric pollutants (Air pollution Research Report 2). D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht (Holland): 571–578.Google Scholar
- Wong, P. T. S., Y. K. Chau & P. L. Luxon, 1975. Methylation of lead in the environment. Nature (London) 253: 263–264.Google Scholar