Description of a new species of Lepeophtheirus (copepoda: caligidae) from Kerala
- 48 Downloads
A new species of Lepeophtheirus collected from Plotosus anguillaris (Bloch) by the author is described in detail. All the related species of the genus are compared with Lepeophtheirus anguilli sp. nov.
KeywordsCopepod fish parasite Lepeophtheirus anguilli sp. nov Host:-Plotosus anguillaris (Bloch) Locality:-West coast of India
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barnard, K. H. 1948. New records and description of new species of parasitic copepoda from South Africa. Ann. Mag. nat. Hist. 12.4 (1): 242–254.Google Scholar
- Barnard, K. H. 1955. South African parasitic copepods Ann. S. Afric Mus. 41: 223–312.Google Scholar
- Gussev, A. B. 1951. Parasitic copepods of some marine fishes, collected papers on parasitology from the Zoological Institute, Academy of Science. SSSR, 13: 394–463.Google Scholar
- Kroyer, H. 1863. Bidrag til Kundskab om snyltekrebsene. Naturh. Tidsskr; 3. R.V. 2 (1–2).Google Scholar
- Pillai, N. K. 1963. Copepods parasitic on South Indian fishes. Family Caligidae. J. Mar. biol. Ass. India. 5: 68–90.Google Scholar