A new species of the monogenea genus Heteromazocraes Mamaev, 1981, from a freshwater cyprinid Securicula gora (Ham.) from the Lucknow district, India
- 39 Downloads
Heteromazocraes mamaevi n. sp. is described from a cyprinid, Securicula gora (Ham.) from the Lucknow district, India. It is characterised by well-developed cephalic glands, the shape of the genital spines, the structure of the egg and the shape of the clamp sclerites. This is the first record of the genus Heteromazocraes Mamaev, 1981 from a cyprinid fish.
KeywordsCyprinid Fish Polar Filament Genital Atrium Zoology Department Marginal Hooklet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chauhan, B.S. & Khoche, B.Y. (1971) A new species of monogenetic trematode of the genus Paramazocraes Tripathi from India, with a note on the clamp structure in the family Mazocraeidae. Proceedings of the Zoological Society, Calcutta, 24, 77–80.Google Scholar
- Gupta, N.K. & Khullar, M. (1967) On a new species of monogenea Paramazocraes kazikodiensis n. sp. (Mazocraeidae) from an Indian marine food fish at Calicut (India). Research Bulletin of the Punjab University, Ser. Science, 18, 409–411.Google Scholar
- Krishna (1975) On two new species of the genus Paramazocraes Tripathi, 1959 from marine fishes of Puri, Orissa. Zoologischer Anzeiger, 194, 345–349.Google Scholar
- Kritsky, D.C. & Bilqees, F.M. (1973) Studies on Monogenea of Pakistan. II. Polyopisthocotyleans from the gills of Pellona elongata (Bennett). Proceedings of the Helminthological Society of Washington, 40, 195–200.Google Scholar
- Mamaev, Yu.L. (1975) [Monogeneans of herring-like fishes from the South Chinese Sea (Mazocraeidae and Diclidophoridae)]. Trudy Biologo-Pochvennogo Instituta, AN SSSR, Vladivostok, 26, 102–114. (In Russian).Google Scholar
- Mamaev, Yu.L. (1975) Diclidophorids (Monogenoidea, Diclidophoridae) Their evolution and phylogenetic relationships of teleosteans, their hosts. Problem Evolytsii, 4, 127–149. (In Russian).Google Scholar
- Mamaev, Yu.L. (1981) Some new monogenean species and genera of the family Mazocraeidae. Helminthologia, 18, 169–187.Google Scholar
- Mamaev, Yu.L. (1982) Notes on the systematics of mazocraeid monogeneans with a redescription of some poorly studied taxa. Helminthologia, 19, 25–39.Google Scholar
- Tripathi, Y.R. (1959) Monogenetic trematodes from fishes of India. Indian Journal of Helminthology, 9, 1–149.Google Scholar