Occurrence, distribution and seasonal periodicity of some aquatic fungi of Sat-Tal (Nainital), India
- 58 Downloads
The occurrence of 23 species of aquatic fungi belonging to Blastocladiales, Saprolegniales, Lagenidiales and Peronosporales in three lakes and their surrounding cultivated and non-cultivated soils of Sat-Tal area have been studied. The species were found to be different in their habitat and temperature range.
KeywordsAquatic fungi distribution periodicity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Coker, W. C. & Matthews, V. D. 1937. Saprolegniales. N. Amer. Flora, 2 (1): 15–16.Google Scholar
- DasGupta, S. N. & John, R. 1953. Studies in the Indian aquatic fungi-I, Some Watermolds of Lucknow. Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. 38 B: 165–170.Google Scholar
- Dayal, R. 1958. Some aquatic fungi of Allahabad, A Taxonomic study. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. India. 26: 49–57.Google Scholar
- Forbs, E. J. 1935. Watermolds of Manchester district. Mem. Manchr. Lit. Phil. Soc., 79: 1–11.Google Scholar
- Johnson, T. W. jr. 1956. The genus Achlya Morphology and Taxonomy. xv. 180 pp., pls. 1–21. University of Michigan Press, Ann. Arbor.Google Scholar
- Lund, A. 1934. Studies on Danish freshwater Phycomycetes and notes on their Occurrence. K. Danske Vidensk, Selsk, 9: 1–98.Google Scholar
- Milovtsova, M. O. 1935. Vadiah gribi Kharkova Taiogo okolits (Aquatic phycomycetes from Kharkov and its environs) Kharkiv Kii derzhavnii Universitet Trudi N-D. Institutu Botaniki (Trav Inst. Bot. Charkov), 1: 28–37. (Russian with English Summary).Google Scholar
- Naumov, N. A. 1954. Flora gribov Leningradskoi oblasti, vypusk 1. Arkhimitsety Ficomitsety (Flora of the fungi of the Leningrad region. Part 1. Archimycetes and Phycomycetes) Moscow and Leningrad: Academy of Science U.S.S.R.Google Scholar
- Scott, W. W. 1961. A monograph of the genus Aphanomyces, virginia Agri. Exp. Sta. Tech. Bull. No. 151.Google Scholar
- Sparrow, F. K. jr. 1960. The ecology of fresh water fungi. (ed. G.e. Ainsworth & A. S. Sussman), Vol. III, pp. 41–93 London Academic Press.Google Scholar