The Steady-state Analysis of DC Distribution Network Embedded Droop Control and Power Flow Controller
- 33 Downloads
Aiming at the DC distribution network based on the droop control, this paper proposes that the intersection of the internal characteristics of the node converter droop control and the external characteristics derived from the parameters of the DC distribution network is the actual node operation point. The quantitative relationship between the droop control characteristic parameters and the converter functions is discussed, and the comprehensive droop control characteristics of the multi-converter node is analyzed. The automatic adjustment method of droop control, containing the secondary adjustment and the third adjustment, is presented, and the power flow algorithm of DC distribution network, which considers the impact of power flow controller, droop control and automatic adjustment method, is derived. Finally, three cases about power flow controller, the secondary adjustment and the third adjustment are used to verify that droop control and its related regulation methods can optimize the operation conditions of DC distribution network.
KeywordsFlexible DC distribution network Droop control Automatic adjustment method Steady-state analysis
The funding has been recevied from National High Technology Research and Development Program 863 of China with Grand No. 2015AA050103.
- 1.M Barnes, D Van Hertem, SP Teeuwsen, M Callavik. “HVDC systems in smart grids,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 99:1–17Google Scholar
- 7.R. Chai, B. Zhang, J. Dou (2015) “Improved DC voltage margin control method for DC grid based on VSCs,” IEEE 15th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC), Rome 1683–1687Google Scholar
- 13.N Avila, CC Chu “Distributed pinning droop control in isolated AC microgrids,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 1–1Google Scholar
- 19.J Hu, J Duan, H Ma, MY Chow “Distributed adaptive droop control for optimal power dispatch in DC-microgrid,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 99:1-1Google Scholar
- 21.Huang Z, Ma J, Zeng J, et al (2014) Research status and prospect of control and protection technology for DC distribution network[C]//China International Conference on Electricity Distribution. IEEE 1488–1493Google Scholar
- 22.Vrana TK, Yang Y, Jovcic D et al (2013) The CIGRE B4 DC grid test system[J]. Electra 270(1):10–19Google Scholar