Ultra Wideband Spherical Self-Complementary Antenna with Capacitive and Inductive Loadings
A spherical ultra-wideband antenna is proposed based on a self-complementary structure. The antenna employs a loop comprising two symmetric teardrop-shaped arms conformally printed on a three-dimensional (3D) sphere. To enhance the impedance matching bandwidth, inductive and capacitive loadings are applied to the antenna by adding shorting strips at the antenna’s rear part and broadening the front part respectively. Measurement results show that the proposed antenna is capable of covering the frequency range of 0.8–8 GHz with a low reflection coefficient(S11) ≤ − 10 dB, gain > 2.8 dB, and radiation efficiency > 63%.
KeywordsAntenna Ultra-wideband Impedance matching Self- complementary Antenna
This work was supported in part by Institute for Information and Communications Technology Promotion (IITP) Grant funded by the Korea government (MSIT) (No.2015-0-00855) and in part by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (2018R1D1A1B07049984).
- 1.Mendes HA (1968) A new approach to electromagnetic field-strength measurements in shielded enclosures. Wescon Technical Papers, Los AngelesGoogle Scholar
- 2.Vogt-Ardatjew R, van de Beek S, Leferink F (2012) Wide- band antennas for reveberation chabmers. In: EMC EUROPE international symposium, Rome, pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 3.Bluetest‘s callibration antennas (2016). https://bluetest.se/products/accessory/calibration-antennas. Accessed 1 July 2017
- 4.Mushiake Y (2012) Self-complementary antennas: principle of self-complementary for constant impedance. Springer, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 7.Jeong J-Y, Kuem J-M, Ko D-O, Woo J-M (2015) Design of spherical loop antenna with Ultra-Wide bandwidth. In: IEEE Asia Pacific conference on wireless and mobile, Bandung, IndonesiaGoogle Scholar
- 8.Jeong J-Y, Chung J-Y, Kwon JH (2016) 0.65–7 GHz ultra-wideband spherical self-complementary antenna. IEEE Antenna Propag Soc Int Symp, OkinawaGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lule E, Babij T, Siwiak K (2005) Elliptical slot tuned Planar Teardrop Ultra Wideband Dipole Antenna. IEEE Antenna Propag Soc Int Symp 2A:471–474Google Scholar
- 11.Kim J-I, Lee B-M, Yoon Y-J (2001) Wideband printed dipole antenna for multiple wireless services. In: IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference, Waltham, MAGoogle Scholar