Study on Different Connection Modes of Dual-Stator Brushless Doubly-Fed Machine Based on Field-Circuit Method
The different winding connection modes of dual-stator brushless doubly-fed machine (DSBDFM) are investigated to ensure the electromagnetic characteristics consistency of outer and inner stator. The electromagnetic characteristics consistency is not only required that the electromotive force (EMF) amplitude and phase match the requirements of outer and inner stator winding connection mode, but also the number of parallel branches of winding should be considered to avoid the circular current and phase difference. This paper proposes a method for the number of parallel branches of winding, which is helpful to determine the number of parallel branches of two sets of winding with different pole pairs number in stator slots and ensure the EMF amplitude and phase of per branch winding. The field-circuit method (FCM) is used to analyze the different connection modes of DSBDFM, such as series, parallel, series and parallel. The finite element method was confirmed agreement with the FCM, indicating the validity and rationality of FCM.
KeywordsDifferent connection modes Field-circuit method Brushless doubly-fed machine Dual-stator Wind power generation
The authors want to thank the funding support from the key National Natural Science Foundation of China with Grant Number 51537007.
- 1.Zhang F, Siyang Y, Wang H et al (2016) Overview of research and development status of brushless doubly-fed machine system. Chin J Elect Eng 2(2):1–13Google Scholar
- 2.Han P, Cheng M, Luo R (2016) Design and analysis of a brushless doubly-fed induction machine with dual-stator structure. IEEE Trans Industr Electron 31(4):1132–1141Google Scholar
- 6.Guanjun L, Xuefan W (2016) Design and performance analysis of a 700-kW wound-rotor BDFIG for ship shaft generator application. IEEJ Trans Elect Elect Eng 11(1):122–123Google Scholar
- 8.Fengxiang W, Fengge Z (2004) Magnetic field modulation type brushless doubly-fed AC motor. Jilin University Press, Jilin, pp 24–45Google Scholar
- 10.Jiang D, Li H, Xianpeng O (2016) Experimental study of brushless doubly-fed machine with cage rotor at the asynchronous operation mode. Proc CSEE 36(14):3964–3972Google Scholar