Study of the deposition of graphite dust in the inlet passageway of intermediate heat exchanger in VHTR
- 15 Downloads
The impact of graphite dust on structural equipment is a potential safety hazard in HTGR. The present study focuses on the graphite particle deposition process on the deflector in the inlet passageway of intermediate heat exchanger and analyzes the effect of particle size on inertial deposition and diffusion deposition. Meanwhile, the particle rebound behavior is considered when the particle impacts the wall. To determine the relevant parameters of the rebound model, the experiments about adhesion are carried out and validated. Then the flow field is simulated in the inlet passageway of intermediate heat exchanger based on k–ε turbulent model, and particle trajectories are predicted by a discrete particle model with rebound boundary. The results show that adhesion force by measures is obviously smaller than theoretical model. In addition, the particle deposition rate decreases first and then increases, and the rebound model makes d eposition results more actual.
Keywordshigh-temperature gas-cooled reactor graphite dust intermediate heat exchanger (IHX) adhesion measurement
This project was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC, Grant No. 51676112), the National Key R&D Program of China (Grant No. 2018YFB1900500), and the National S&T Major Project (Grant No. ZX069).
- Barth, T., Kulenkampff, J., Bras, S., Gründig, M., Lippmann-Pipke, J., Hampel, U. 2014. Positron emission tomography in pebble beds. Part 2: Graphite particle deposition and resuspension. Nucl Eng Des, 267: 227–237.Google Scholar
- IAEA. 1997. Fuel performance and fission product behavior in gascooled reactors. IAEA-TECDOC-978.Google Scholar
- Launder, B. E., Spalding, D. B. 1972. Lectures in Mathematical Models of Turbulence. London: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Li, R. Z., Li, X. T., Fu, J. Y. 2000. The design of intermediate heat exchanger (IHX) for HTR-10. High Technology Letters, 10: 23–25. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Lind, T., Güntay, S., Dehbi, A., Liao, Y., Rycroft, C. H. 2010. PSI project on HTR dust generation and transport. In: Proceedings of HTR.Google Scholar
- US DOE Nuclear Energy Research Advisory Committee. 2002. A technology roadmap for generation IV nuclear energy systems. GIF-002-00.Google Scholar
- Williams, M. M. R., Loyalka, K. S. 1991. Aerosol Science—Theory and Practice: With Special Applications to the Nuclear Industry. Pergamon.Google Scholar
- Xie, F., Li, H., Cao, J., Yu, S., Zhang, L., Li, W., Fang, S. 2013. A reform in the helium purification system of the HTR-10: γ dose rate measurement and suggestions for decommissioning. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management, 2: V002T03A019Google Scholar