The seedling and cutting propagation techniques of Acer fabri Hance
- 4 Downloads
The germination rate of conventional seed treatment for Acer fabri is relatively low. It is of great significance to study seed propagation methods to improve germination rate of A. fabri. The seeds of A. fabri should be harvested in November and stored in wet sand till February or March next year. Cool storage or room temperature storage is not conducive to the germination of A. fabri. After pregermination, the seeds can be sown in sandy soil and the germination rate could reach more than 70%. The cutting scions of A. fabri may not be processed, or may be treated by 100 PPM Indolebutyric acid on the scion base, and the rooting rate reached 94%, the average number of lateral roots per plant reached 3.6, and the average lateral root length reached 5.3 cm. Too many roots generated while the base of scions was treated with 1000 PPM or 2000 PPM Indolebutyric acid, and the plantlets grew slowly. A. fabri contains high endogenous hormone, so low concentration IBA or no growth regulator treatment is beneficial to root and later growth. The results provide practical mass production techniques for A. fabri.
KeywordsAcer fabri Hance Seedling propagation Cutting propagation Indolebutyric acid (IBA)
The research was funded by the Public Welfare Special Projects for Research Institutes of Fujian Department of Science and Technology, Project title: Study on the introduction cultivation and propagation techniques of Acer fabri (No. 2016R1010-6); the research projects of Fujian Provincial Forestry Bureau, Project title: Study on the introduction cultivation and propagation techniques of Acer fabri (Min Lin Ke informal file  35).
- Chen BH, Li JM, Zhang J, Fan HH, Li QZ (2014) Optimizing the propagation of Cinnamomum micranthum by cuttings. Life Sci J 11(12):928–931Google Scholar
- Chen JY, Deng LX, Chen ZP (2015) The light substrate container seedling raising test of Acer fabri. Seed 34(01):123–126Google Scholar
- Chen BH, Li JM, Fan HH, Zhang J, She XH, Wang SF (2017) cutting propagation technique of Viburnum Macrocephalum Fort. Bangladesh J Bot 46(1):233–236Google Scholar
- Liu XJ, Sun QM, Dou J, Liu XW, Xiong YN (2009) Introduction and propagation of Acer fabri. Jiangsu Agric Sci 01:192–193Google Scholar
- Peng HH, Guan BF, Chen HL, Peng H, Peng YF, Yu YF, You YH (2014) Research on seed characteristics and seeding techniques of 4 species in Acer. Acta Agric Jiangxi 26(04):19–22Google Scholar
- Rao BY, Luo XS, Xi QH (2014) Seedling cultivation and management technique of Acer fabri. Mod Hortic 21:46–47Google Scholar
- Shen GF, Zhai MP (2001) Silviculture. China Forestry Publisher, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Tang XH (2015) The study on cutting propagation techniques of Acer fabri. Shandong For Sci Technol 45(04):47–49 + 60Google Scholar
- Wang XG, Peng XM (2007) The seedling cultivation technique of Acer fabri. Mod Hortic 11:18–19Google Scholar
- Xue F (2007) Study on cutting propagation of Acer fabri as new excellent landscape species. Mod Agric Sci Technol 24:7–9Google Scholar
- Zhou WM, Zhang JM (2012) The seedling cultivation of a good greening species Acer fabri. Spec Econ Anim Plant 15(8):31–32Google Scholar