Bayesian A-Optimal Design of Experiment with Quantitative and Qualitative Responses
- 30 Downloads
We consider the problem of A-optimal design of experiment under a Bayesian probabilistic model with both categorical and continuous response variables. The utility function of the local design problem is derived by applying Bayesian experimental design framework. We also develop an efficient optimization algorithm to obtain the local optimal design by combining the particle swarm optimization and the blocked coordinate descent methods. In addition, we discuss two different ways of constructing the global optimal design based on the algorithm for local optimal design. Simulation studies are presented to illustrate the efficiency of our approach.
KeywordsBayesian A-optimal design Logistic model Multivariate responses PSO
This research was supported by U.S. National Science Foundation Grants CMMI-1435902.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 3.Kang L (2016) Bayesian d-optimal design of experiments with continuous and binary responses. In: International conference on design of experiments (ICODOE-2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Eberhart RC, Kennedy J et al (1995) A new optimizer using particle swarm theory. In: Proceedings of the sixth international symposium on micro machine and human science, vol 1, pp 39–43. New York, NYGoogle Scholar
- 5.Lukemire J, Mandal A, Wong WK (2016) Using particle swarm optimization to search for locally \(d\)-optimal designs for mixed factor experiments with binary response. arXiv preprintarXiv:1602.02187Google Scholar
- 9.Leatherman E, Dean A, Santner T (2014) Computer experiment designs via particle swarm optimization. In: Topics in statistical simulation, pp 309–317. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- 10.Kang L, Joseph VR (2012) Bayesian optimal single arrays for robust parameter design. TechnometricsGoogle Scholar
- 14.Lindley DV (1972) Bayesian statistics: a review, vol. 2. SIAM, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- 19.Woods DC, Overstall AM, Adamou M, Waite TW (2017) Bayesian design of experiments for generalized linear models and dimensional analysis with industrial and scientific application. Qual Eng 29(1):91–103Google Scholar
- 22.Fedorov VV (1972) Theory of optimal experiments (translated by W. J. Studden and E. M. Klimko, eds.). Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 23.Kiefer J (1985) Collected papers, vol 3. Surendra KumarGoogle Scholar