Gravitational Waves and Engineering Aspects of Thermal and Earth Quakes of Earth
- 2 Downloads
The recent discovery of gravitational waves announced on February 11th 2016 forms the background of Einstein’s discovery about a century ago forms the background.
To use the strain measured on the earth from Laser Interferometer Gravitational Observatory and determine the energy given the Earth from passing gravitational waves.
A finite element model of the Earth is made and presented.
Results and Conclusions
The results obtained are discussed over the warming of Earth albeit slowly. This energy is responsible in breaking of Pangea over 300 million years ago and bringing it to the present continental positions as in Wegener’s Continental Drift Theory. The continental drift of the tectonic plates with each passing of gravitational waves and imparting energy causes Earthquakes.
KeywordsGravitational waves Thermal analysis Earth quakes
- 3.Hawking S (2002) The theory of everything: the origin and fate of the universe. New Millennium Press, ChippenhamGoogle Scholar
- 5.Clavin W (2014) NASA technology views birth of the universe. NASA, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- 6.Rao JS, Kumar PS (2016) Gravitational waves and their effect on earth’s temperature, NAFEMS Congress, August 29–21Google Scholar
- 8.Wegener A (1912) Die Entstehung der Kontinente. Dr. A. Petermann’s Mitteilungen aus Justus Perthes’ Geographischer Anstalt 58(1)Google Scholar
- 9.Wolchover N (2011) What’s the total energy in the universe? Live-science. http://www.livescience.com/33129-total-energy-universezero.html