Pressurization Characteristics of a Piezoelectric-Hydraulic Pump for UAV Brake Systems
- 4 Downloads
In this paper, a small piezoelectric-hydraulic pump suitable for the braking system of small- and medium-sized UAVs was developed. In addition, the pressurization characteristics of the pump were analyzed and performance experiments of the developed pump were conducted. To analyze the pressurization characteristics, AMESim, a verified commercial program, was used. The modeling of the small piezoelectric-hydraulic pump was carried out by subdividing it into components, including the piezoelectric actuator, chamber, check valves, and load side. The modeling validity was confirmed via a comparison of the simulation results with the performance experimental results of the produced pump. It has been found that the simulations and experiments produced similar results regarding the overall pressurization characteristics.
KeywordsPiezoelectric-hydraulic pump Piezoelectric actuator Check valve UAV brake system
The present study was supported by the Research Fund Support for Basic Research provided by the Agency for Defense Development (ADD-IBR-227). The authors would also like to thank the related individuals for their support.
- 4.Ham YB, Oh SJ, Seo WS, Park JH, Yun SN (2009) A piezoelectric micropump for microscale pumping systems. J Drive Control 36(2):17–25Google Scholar
- 8.Joo YH, Hwang J, Bae J, Yang J, Kwon J (2014) The design on the spring sheet type check valve of smart material hydraulic pump. In: The society for aerospace system engineering, Fall Conference Paper #85, 2014Google Scholar
- 9.Lee J, Hwang J, Yang J, Joo Y, Bae J, Kwon J (2015) Design of the compound smart material pump for brake system of small. Medium size UAV. J Soc Aerosp Syst Eng 9(3):1–7Google Scholar
- 10.Hwang J, Lee J, Hwang J, Bae J, Kwon J (2014) Conceptual design of compound smart material pump with sequential operation of fluid displacement-force. In: The society for aerospace system engineering, Spring Conference Paper #95, 2014Google Scholar
- 11.Joo YH, Hwang JH, Yang JY, Bae JS, Kwon JY (2015) On the performance test of the piezoelectric-hydraulic pump. J Korean Soc Aeronaut Space Sci 43(9):706–711Google Scholar
- 12.Lee JH, Yum HH, Hong MS (2012) A study on the Antiabrasion of the aircraft carbon disk brake. J Korean Soc Manuf Technol Eng 21(6):968–975Google Scholar
- 13.FAA-H-8083-1A (2007) Aircraft weight and balance handbook. U. S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Flight Standards Service, 2007Google Scholar
- 14.FAA-H-8083-30 (2008) Aviation maintenance technical handbook. U. S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Flight Standards Service, 2008Google Scholar
- 15.Pazmany L (1986) Landing gear design for light aircraft. Pazmany Aircr Corp 1:14–15Google Scholar
- 16.Limpert R (1992) Brake design and safety. Society of Automotive Engineers. Warrendale, PA, pp 255–258Google Scholar