Enhanced Output Performance of Nanogenerator Based on Composite of Poly Vinyl Fluoride (PVDF) and Zn:Al Layered-Double Hydroxides (LDHs) Nanosheets
- 93 Downloads
We report a high output performance of flexible nanogenerator (NG) based on the composite of PVDF and Zn:Al layered double hydroxide (LDH) nanosheets. The Zn:Al LDH nanosheets were synthesized via the most facile process by dipping the sputtered Al-doped ZnO (AZO)/Ag/AZO multilayer films into deionized water at room temperature. Here, sputtered AZO/Ag/AZO multilayer was served as a bottom electrode of the energy harvesting device as well as for the growth of Zn:Al LDH nanosheets. The PVDF based NG exhibited an output voltage of ~ 1.71 V and a current density of ~ 0.19 μA cm−2 after poling. While poled-PVDF/Zn:Al LDH composite based NGs exhibited an enhancement in the output performance with an output voltage and current density of ~ 6.24 V and ~ 0.655 μA cm−2, respectively. This simple facile approach can be feasible for the development of large-scale, flexible and an eco-friendly energy harvester that can be widely implemented in self-powered biomedical applications.
KeywordsPVDF Zn:Al LDH nanosheets Spin coating Nanogenerator
This work was supported by a National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korean government (MSIP) (No. NRF-2013R1A4A1069528).
Supplementary material 2 (AVI 15201 kb)
- 2.S. Chakraborty, A. Sinha, S. Dutta, N. Biswas, A review paper of wind energy, in AREST-11 (2011), pp. 202–206Google Scholar
- 3.ChN Kumar, Energy collection via piezoelectricity. J. Phys: Conf. Ser. 662, 012031 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.L.W. Zhong, W. Xudong, S. Jinhui, L. Jin, G. Yifan, Piezoelectric nanogenerators for self-powered nanodevices. IEE CS 7, 49–55 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.G. Darusz, Piezoelectric generators: materials and structures. Pomiary automatyka robotyka R. 17, 123–129 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.A.A.A. Ahmed, Z.A. Talib, M.Z. Bin Hussein, Thermal, optical and dielectric properties of Zn–Al layered double hydroxide. Appl. Clay Sci. 191, 271–278 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Amin, M. Akbar, S. Amin, Hydrophobicity of silicon rubber used for outdoor insulation. Rev. Adv. Mater. Sci. 16, 10–26 (2007)Google Scholar
- 21.O.D. Jayakumar, E.H. Abdelhamid, V. Kotari, B.P. Mandal, R. Rao, V.M. Jagannath Naik, R. Naik, A.K. Tyagi, Fabrication of flexible and self-standing inorganic–organic three phase magneto-dielectric PVDF based multiferroic nanocomposite films through a small loading of graphene oxide (GO) and Fe3O4 nanoparticles. Dalton Trans. 44, 15872–15881 (2015)CrossRefGoogle Scholar