Influence of delta phase precipitation on static recrystallization of cold-rolled Inconel 718 alloy in solid solution treatment
- 12 Downloads
Due to the improvement in fatigue strength of cold-rolled blades, the static recrystallization behavior of cold-rolled Inconel 718 alloy in the solid solution treatment was investigated with the methods of optical microscopy and electron backscattered diffraction. The effect of δ phase precipitation on the static recrystallization process was also analyzed. The results show that δ phase preferentially precipitates comparing to static recrystallization. Affecting by the δ phase preferential precipitation process, sub-grain migration is the main nucleation mechanism in the static recrystallization of cold-rolled Inconel 718 alloy at 980 °C. Meanwhile, strain-induced boundary migration also exists as an aided nucleation mechanism when the rolling reduction is less than 30%.
KeywordsCold rolling Inconel 718 alloy Static recrystallization δ phase precipitation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51505240), Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang (Grant No. LQ19E050004), Special Inventive Fund of Science and Technology in Shenyang (Grant No. F15-172-6-00) and the State Key Laboratory of Advanced Processing and Recycling of Non-ferrous Metals, Lanzhou University of Technology (Grant No. SKLAB02014001).
- H.B. Dong, G.C. Wang, Rare Metal Mater. Eng. 44 (2015) 298–302.Google Scholar
- Q.A. Tai, H. Guan, Z.X. Guo, S.L. Li, Z.Q. Chen, W. Wang, J. Iron Steel Res. 23 (2011) Suppl. 2, 174–177.Google Scholar
- L.H. Zhao, Y.S. Zhang, G.F. Wu, Trans. Mater. Heat Treat. 36 (2015) 217–222.Google Scholar
- W.C. Liu, M. Yao, Z.L. Chen, Z.Q. Jiang, S.G. Wang, W.H. Li, J. Aeronaut. Mater. 16 (1996) No. 3, 33–38.Google Scholar
- W.C. Liu, Z.L. Chen, F.R. Xiao, M. Yao, Z.Q. Jiang, S.G. Wang, Acta Aeronautica & Astronautica Sinca 20 (1999) No. 3, 88–91.Google Scholar
- Z.L. Zhang, F.L. Shi, F.Y. Zhang, J. Niu, D.P. Guo, Z.R. Wu, G.M. Shi, Mater. Sci. Technol. 21 (2013) No. 4, 26–31.Google Scholar
- J.Y. Zhuang, J.H. Du, Q. Deng, J. Iron Steel Res. 15 (2003) No. 7, 44–48.Google Scholar
- C.M. Liu, S.N. Jiang, X.M. Zhang, Trans. Nonferrous Met. Soc. China 15 (2005) No. 1, 82–86.Google Scholar