Pressure dynamics of asymmetrically fractured wells in arbitrary shaped reservoir
- 2 Downloads
A numerical model was established and solved by boundary element method and coupled boundary/finite element method to analyze pressure dynamics of an asymmetrically fractured well in an arbitrary shaped reservoir. The model was derived and solved in Laplace domain, with different flow regimes divided considering wellbore storage and skin effects or not. Parameters sensitivity analyses, i.e. asymmetry factor, fracture conductivity, outer boundary shape, boundary size and well location, were conducted. Model accuracy was validated by comparing it with two simplified cases and a field case study. The study is helpful for well testing interpretation and hydraulic fracturing design.
Key wordsfractured well finite conductivity fracture pressure dynamics numerical method arbitrary drainage area
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zhang L., Guo J., Liu Q. A new well test model for stress–sensitive and radially heterogeneous dual–porosity reservoirs with non–uniform thicknesses, Journal of Hydrodynamics, Ser. B [J]. 2011, 23(6):759–766.Google Scholar
- Chen Z., Liao X., Zhao X., Dou X., Zhu L., A semi–analytical mathematical model for transient pressure behavior of multiple fractured vertical well in coal reservoirs incorporating with diffusion, adsorption, and stress–sensitivity [J]. J Nat Gas Sci Eng, 2016,29: 570–582Google Scholar
- Ibrahim S.N., Pressure–transient analysis of infinite–conductivity fractured gas wells producing at high–flow rates [J]. J Petrol Sci Eng, 2008, 63(1–4,): 73–83Google Scholar
- Ibrahim Sami Nashawi, Constant–pressure well test analysis of finite–conductivity hydraulically fractured gas wells influenced by non–Darcy flow effects [J]. J Petrol Sci Eng, 2006, 53(3–4): 225–238.Google Scholar
- Ibrahim Sami Nashawi, Adel H. Malallah, Well test analysis of finite–conductivity fractured wells producing at constant bottomhole pressure [J]. J Petrol Sci Eng, 2007, 57(3–4):303–320.Google Scholar
- Bennet, C. O. Influence of fracture heterogeneity and wing length on the response of vertically fractured wells [J]. SPE J., 1983, 23: 219–230.Google Scholar
- Resurreicão, C. E. S., Fernando, R. Transient rate behavior of finite–conductivity asymmetrically fractured wells producing at constant pressure [C]. Proceedings SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Dallas, TX, 1991.Google Scholar
- Wang L, Wang X. Type curves analysis for asymmetrically fractured wells [J]. ASME J. Energy Resour. Technol.2013, 136(2): 023101.Google Scholar