Direct Numerical Simulation of the Viscoelastic Channel Flow Using Giesekus Model with Variable Parameters
- 10 Downloads
The paper performs a direct numerical simulation for the drag-reducing channel flow using Giesekus model with variable parameters. It is assumed that the relaxation time in the constitutive equation is varied depending on the local shear rate. The maximal drag reduction rate is obtained when variable parameters are applied in Giesekus model at high Weissenberg number. The Reynolds shear stress is reduced when Weissenberg number increases. In this case, the turbulence generation and transportation are further weakened and increasingly approaches to that in experiments.
Key wordsViscoelastic Fluid Giesekus Model DNS Variable Parameters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Tom B. A.. Some observations on the flow of linear polymer solutions through straight tubes at large Reynolds numbers [C]. the First International Congress on Rheology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1948, 135–141.Google Scholar
- Tsukahara T., Kawase T., Kawaguchi Y. DNS of viscoelastic turbulent channel flow with rectangular orifice at low Reynolds number [J]. International Communications in Heat & Mass Transfer, 2011, 32(3): 529–538.Google Scholar
- Yu B., Kawaguchi Y. Effect of Weissenberg number on the flow structure: DNS study of drag-reducing flow with surfactant additives [J]. International Communications in Heat & Mass Transfer, 2003, 24(4): 419–499.Google Scholar
- Dallas V., Vassilicos J. C. Strong polymer-turbulence interactions in viscoelastic turbulent channel flow [J]. Physical Review E Statistical Nonlinear & Soft Matter Physics, 2010, 82(2): 1–19.Google Scholar
- Gu W. G., Wang D. Z. Analysis of Zero Reynolds Shear Stress Appearing in Dilute Surfactant Drag-Reducing Flow [J]. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 2011, 16878132: 132–137Google Scholar