Bayesian estimation of the parameter and the reliability characteristics of xgamma distribution using Type-II hybrid censored data
- 45 Downloads
In this article, the estimation of the parameter and reliability characteristics have been considered using hybrid Type-II censored observations where the experimental units are assumed to follow xgamma distribution, a special mixture of exponential and gamma distributions. The maximum likelihood estimate (MLE) of the parameter has been obtained using Newton–Raphson method, and the estimate of the reliability characteristics has been evaluated using invariance property of MLEs. The Bayes estimate for the same has been examined using informative prior and non-informative prior under squared error loss function. As the Bayes estimates do not assume explicit form, the Markov Chain Monte Carlo technique has been implemented to get the estimates. Further, \(95\%\) asymptotic confidence intervals and the highest posterior density credible intervals have been constructed for the parameter. Finally, a real data set is analyzed to illustrate the proposed study.
- Ihaka R, Gentleman R (1996) R: a language for data analysis and graphics. J Comput Gr Stat 5:299–314Google Scholar
- Sharma VK (2017) Estimation and Prediction for type-II hybrid censored data follow flexible Weibull distribution. STATISTICA 76(4):385–414Google Scholar
- Yadav AS, Singh SK, Singh U (2016) Bayes estimator of the parameter and reliability function of Marshall-Olkin extended exponential distribution using hybrid Type-II censored data. J Stat Manag Syst 19(3):325–344Google Scholar
- Yadav AS, Singh SK, Singh U (2016a) On hybrid censored inverse Lomax distribution: application to the survival data. Statistica 76(2):185–203Google Scholar
- Yadav AS, Yang M (2018) On type-II hybrid two parameter Rayleigh distribution. Int J Math Comput 29(1):11–24Google Scholar