Precipitation–deposition synthesis, characterization, and visible light-driven photocatalytic properties of heterostructure AgI/Bi2WO6 nanocomposites
- 51 Downloads
AgI nanoparticle-modified Bi2WO6 nanoplates were prepared by a precipitation–deposition method. X-ray diffraction and transmission electron microscopy certified the formation of hexagonal AgI nanoparticles with the size of 5–8 nm as minor phase well supported on orthorhombic Bi2WO6 nanoplates as major phase. The photocatalytic properties of heterostructure AgI/Bi2WO6 nanocomposites were investigated through photodegradation of rhodamine B (RhB) induced by xenon visible light. The 10 wt% AgI/Bi2WO6 nanocomposites exhibited the highest photocatalytic activity because of the recombination rate reduction of photoexcited electrons and photogenerated holes during photocatalysis. A possible photodegradation mechanism of RhB by AgI/Bi2WO6 nanocomposites was proposed and discussed in this research.
KeywordsAgI/Bi2WO6 nanocomposites X-ray diffraction Transmission electron microscopy Photocatalysis
We are extremely grateful to Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90112, Thailand, for financial support (the contact SCI610022S).
- 3.Li, S., Shen, X., Liu, J., Zhang, L.: Synthesis of Ta3N5/Bi2MoO6 core-shell fiber-shaped heterojunctions as efficient and easily recyclable photocatalysts. Environ Sci: Nano. 4, 1155–1167 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, H., Cao, R., Yu, S., Xu, K., Hao, W., Wang, Y., Dong, F., Zhang, T., Zhang, Y.: Single-unit-cell layer established Bi2WO6 3D hierarchical architectures: efficient adsorption, photocatalysis and dye-sensitized photoelectrochemical performance. Appl Catal B. 219, 526–537 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Liang, L., Tursun, Y., Nulahong, A., Dilinuer, T., Tunishaguli, A., Gao, G., Abulikemu, A., Okitsu, K.: Preparation and sonophotocatalytic performance of hierarchical Bi2WO6 structures and effects of various factors on the rate of rhodamine B degradation. Ultrason Sonochem. 39, 93–100 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Yu, H., Huang, B., Wang, H., Yuan, X., Jiang, L., Wu, Z., Zhang, J., Zeng, G.: Facile construction of novel direct solid-state Z-scheme AgI/BiOBr photocatalysts for highly effective removal of ciprofloxacin under visible light exposure: mineralization efficiency and mechanisms. J Colloid Interf Sci. 522, 82–94 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Powder diffract. File, JCPDS-ICDD, 12 Campus Boulevard, Newtown Square, PA 19073–3273, U.S.A., (2001)Google Scholar
- 19.Meng, X., Zhang, Z.: Facile synthesis of BiOBr/Bi2WO6 heterojunction semiconductors with high visible-light-driven photocatalytic activity, J Photochem Photobio. A 310, 33–44 (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.Li, S., Hu, S., Xu, K., Jiang, W., Liu, J., Wang, Z., A novel heterostructure of BiOI nanosheets anchored onto MWCNTs with excellent visible-light photocatalytic activity, Nanomater. 7, 22 (13 pp.) https://doi.org/10.3390/nano7010022 (2017)