Timing Synchronization and Ranging in Networked UAV-Aided OFDM Systems
- 8 Downloads
The space-air-ground network architecture integrates satellite systems, aerial networks, and terrestrial networks, where the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) communication in the air segment has attracted particular interest and demonstrated tremendous potential in both military and civilian applications. Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) can be an effective solution to provide high rate and reliable transmission in UAV communication systems because of its high spectral efficiency and robustness against frequency selective fading. We herein focus our attention on two critical issues in our proposed UAV aided OFDM system, i.e., timing synchronization and ranging. Moreover, extensive simulations are conducted for evaluation. Finally, we design a real-world field test for verifying the effectiveness of our proposed multi-UAV OFDM communication system.
Keywordsspace-air-ground network UAV-aided communication systems timing synchronization OFDM ranging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Wang, C. Jiang, Z. Wei, et al. Joint UAV hovering altitude and power control for space-air-ground IoT networks [J]. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018.Google Scholar
- K. Namuduri, S. Chaumette, J. H. Kim, et al. UAV networks and communications [M]. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2018.Google Scholar
- Unmanned systems integrated roadmap FY 2011–2036 [Z]. 2011.Google Scholar
- J. Wang, C. Jiang, Z. Wei, et al. UAV aided network association in space-air-ground communication networks [C]//IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2018: 1–6.Google Scholar
- S. Temel, İ. Bekmezci. On the performance of flying ad hoc networks (FANETs) utilizing near space high altitude platforms (HAPs) [C]//6th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies (RAST), Istanbul, Turkey, 2013: 461–465.Google Scholar
- J. Wang, C. Jiang, Z. Ni, et al. Reliability of cloud controlled multi-UAV systems for on-demand services [C]//IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Singapore, 2017: 1–6.Google Scholar
- F. Luo, C. Jiang, S. Yu, et al. Stability of cloud-based UAV systems supporting big data acquisition and processing [J]. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2017.Google Scholar