CEPC positron source design
- 26 Downloads
Circular Electron Positron Collider (CEPC) is a 100-km-ring e+ e− collider for a Higgs factory. The injector is composed of a 10-GeV Linac and a 120-GeV Booster. The CEPC Linac is a normal conducting S-band Linac with frequency of 2860 MHz providing electron and positron beams at an energy up to 10 GeV with 100 Hz repetition frequency. The positron source is the most important part of the CEPC Linac, and the bunch charge of positron beam within some cut-off condition should be larger than 3 nC.
The positron source of CEPC is composed of a target, a flux concentrator, a capture section, a pre-accelerating section and a beam separation system. Higher positron yield and capture efficiency are the design goal. Based on simulation, the design will be presented and discussed in detail.
The positron yield at the PSPAS exit is larger than 0.55, and the normalized rms emittance is 2370 mm-mrad with a strict cut-off condition. The detailed simulation results will be presented.
The design of the positron source including positron production and capture will be presented and can meet the requirements.
KeywordsPositron source CEPC Linac AMD Emittance
The authors would like to thank all the CEPC group members for their valuable suggestions and comments. This study was supported by National Key Programme for S&T Research and Development (Grant No. 2016YFA0400400), National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grants 11705214 and Youth Innovation Promotion Association CAS.
- 1.Y.F. Wang, in A proposal on ring-based Higgs factory in China, 2nd Symposium on Accelerator-based HEP Strategy and Development in China, Beijing, 2012Google Scholar
- 2.Y.F. Wang, CEPC Status and Perspective, FCCWEEK2018 (Netherland, Amsterdam, 2018)Google Scholar
- 3.J. Gao, in CEPC-SPPC ACCELERATOR STATUS, Proceedings of RuPAC2016, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2016Google Scholar
- 6.CEPC Study Group, CEPC Conceptual Design Report, IHEP-CEPC-DR-2018-01, arXiv:1809.00285, 2018
- 7.C. Meng, et al., CEPC LINAC DESIGN AND BEAM DYNAMICS, in Proceedings of IPAC2017, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2017Google Scholar
- 8.I. Chaikovska, et al., in Positron source, FCCWEEK2017, Berlin, Germany, 2017Google Scholar
- 9.FCC Study Group, in The Lepton Collider (FCC-ee) Conceptual Design Report, CERN-ACC-2018-0057, 2018Google Scholar
- 10.G4beamline User’s Guide (2018), http://www.muonsinternal.com/muons3/g4beamline/G4beamlineUsersGuide.pdf
- 11.FLUKA manual (2018), http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/INDEX-fluka2011.html
- 12.L. Zang, T. Kamitani, in Superkekb Positron Source Target Protection Scheme. Proceedings of IPAC2013, Shanghai, ChinaGoogle Scholar