Development of dipole magnet power supply for BEPC-II energy upgrading project
- 25 Downloads
In order to make BEPC-II to run at a higher energy, the Institute of High Energy Physics undertook an upgrading project. One of the important factors limiting the energy boost is the power and performance of the dipole magnet power supplies; therefore, these four magnet power supplies are developed for the BEPC-II upgrading.
The power supplies adopt topologies of thyristor rectifiers to realize a high-power output. In the control unit of each power supply, a digital current closed loop is adopted, and the key components in the feedback loop are thermostatically controlled. In order to improve the performances of the power supplies, analog voltage regulators are added to the inner control loops.
These four power supplies have been tested and have already been officially used in BEPC-II, and their powers have reached the requirements of the upgrading. The test results of the current stability are described and shown in this paper, which testifies that the stabilities meet the design parameters.
A digital control is applied to each SCR rectifier control. The performances of the power supplies are improved by the combination of digital current control loops and the analog voltage control loops, which makes the performances of the dipole magnet power supplies meet the requirements of the upgrading project.
KeywordsSCR rectifier Dipole magnet power supply Stability BEPC-II
Funding was provided by Institute of High Energy Physics.
- 4.Y. Li, Q. Zhou et al., Simulation for accelerator dynamic power supply based on current-source PWM rectifier. Radiat. Detect. Technol. Methods 2(2), 1–7 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.H.-Y. Cheng, Charmed baryons circa 2015. arXiv:1508.07233
- 8.Z. Chuang, L. Ma, Design and Development of Accelerator for Beijing Electron Positron Collider (Shanghai Scientific & Technical Publishers, 2015)Google Scholar
- 9.J. Wang, B. Deriy, Power supply conceptual design and R&D for the APS upgrade, in Proceeding of IPAC2015 Google Scholar
- 10.X. Yang Ping, Z.S. Jianping et al., Peak current control mode for quadratic boost converter. Trans. China Electrotech. Soc. 26(5), 101–107 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Q. Qin, The history and current situation of Beijing Electron Positron Collider, video. http://ir.ihep.ac.cn/handle/311005/229285. Accessed 18 Oct 2018
- 12.SCR Investigation Team, SCR Rectifier and Its Application (Tianjin People’s Publishing House, Tianjin, China, 1970)Google Scholar
- 13.B. Liu, T. Wu, Research and exploration of SCR light control circuit based on single chip microcomputer. Mechatronics 3, 42–45 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.F.L. Long, J. Cheng, Design of digital regulating loop based on field programmable gate array. At. Energy Sci. Technol. 43(9), 780–784 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.F.L. Long, J. Cheng, Design of digital power supply control module. At. Energy Sci. Technol. 43(11), 1043–1048 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Datesheet of AD8382. www.alldatesheet.com. Accessed 13 June 2018