Magic sheets: Visual cryptography with common shares
- 357 Downloads
Visual cryptography (VC) is an encryption technique for hiding a secret image in distributed and shared images (referred to as shares). VC schemes are employed to encrypt multiple images as meaningless, noisy patterns or meaningful images. However, decrypting multiple secret images using a unique share is difficult with traditional VC. We propose an approach to hide multiple images in meaningful shares. We can decrypt multiple images simultaneously using a common share, which we refer to as a magic sheet. The magic sheet decrypts multiple secret images depending on a given share. The shares are printed on transparencies, and decryption is performed by physically superimposing the transparencies. We evaluate the proposed method using binary, grayscale, and color images.
Keywordsvisual cryptography (VC) information hiding secret sharing
We thank all reviewers for their helpful comments. This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Nos. 17J04232 and 16K12433.
- Mitra, N. J.; Pauly, M. Shadow art. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 28, No. 5, Article No. 156, 2009.Google Scholar
- Alexa, M.; Matusik, W. Reliefs as images. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 29, No. 4, Article No. 60, 2010.Google Scholar
- Mitra, N. J.; Chu, H.-K.; Lee, T.-Y.; Wolf, L.; Yeshurun, H.; Cohen-Or, D. Emerging images. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 28, No. 5, Article No. 163, 2009.Google Scholar
- Chu, H.-K.; Hsu, W.-H.; Mitra, N. J.; Cohen-Or, D.; Wong, T.-T.; Lee, T.-Y. Camouflage images. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 29, No. 4, Article No. 51, 2010.Google Scholar
- Papas, M.; Houit, T.; Nowrouzezahrai, D.; Gross, M.; Jarosz, W. The magic lens: Refractive steganography. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 31, No. 6, Article No. 186, 2012.Google Scholar
- Pjanic, P.; Hersch, R. D. Color imaging and pattern hiding on a metallic substrate. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 34, No. 4, Article No. 130, 2015.Google Scholar
- Chosson, S. M.; Hersch, R. D. Beating shapes relying on moiré level lines. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 34, No. 1, Article No. 9, 2014.Google Scholar
- Ostromoukhov, V. A simple and efficient error-diffusion algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 28th Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, 567–572, 2001.Google Scholar
- Chang, J.; Alain, B.; Ostromoukhov, V. Structureaware error diffusion. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 28, No. 5, Article No. 162, 2009.Google Scholar
- Pang, W.-M.; Qu, Y.; Wong, T.-T.; Cohen-Or, D.; Heng. P.-A. Structure-aware halftoning. ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol. 27, No. 3, Article No. 89, 2008.Google Scholar
Open Access The articles published in this journal are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.
Other papers from this open access journal are available free of charge from http://www.springer.com/journal/41095. To submit a manuscript, please go to https://www.editorialmanager.com/cvmj.