A Novel Chaotic System With Boomerang-Shaped Equilibrium, Its Circuit Implementation and Application to Sound Encryption
- 84 Downloads
In the chaos literature, there has been much attention paid to chaotic systems with uncountable equilibrium points such as systems with line equilibrium, curve equilibrium. This paper reports a 3-D chaotic system with a closed curve of equilibrium points, which has the shape of a boomerang. Dynamics of the chaotic system with the boomerang equilibrium has been studied by using phase portraits, bifurcation diagram, Lyapunov exponents and Lyapunov dimension. Also, we design an electronic circuit implementation of the theoretical system to check its feasibility. As an application of the new chaotic system, we have derived new results for sound encryption with the new chaotic system.
KeywordsChaos Chaotic systems Curve equilibrium Lyapunov exponents Circuit design Sound encryption
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflicts of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants performed by any of the authors.
- Bassham LE, Rukhin AL, Soto J, Nechvatal JR, Smid ME, Leigh SD, Levenson M, Vangel M, Heckert NA, Banks DL (2010) A statistical test suite for random and pseudorandom number generators for cryptographic applications. Technical report, National Institute of Standards and TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- Gotthans T, Sprott JC, Petrzela J (2016) Simple chaotic flow with circle and square equilibrium. Int J Bifurc Chaos 26(8), Article ID 1650137Google Scholar
- Leonov GA, Kuznetsov NV (2013) Hidden attractors in dynamical systems. From hidden oscillations in Hilbert-Kolmogorov, Aizerman and Kalman problems to hidden chaotic attractor in Chua circuits. Int J Bifurc Chaos 23(1), Article ID 1330002Google Scholar
- Leonov GA, Kuznetsov NV, Kuznetsova OA, Seldedzhi AM, Vagaitsev VI (2011) Hidden oscillations in dynamical systems. Trans Syst Control 6:54–67Google Scholar
- Li C, Sprott JC, Yuan Z, Li H (2015) Constructing chaotic systems with total amplitude control. Int J Bifurc Chaos 25(10), Article ID 1530025Google Scholar
- Ma P (2014) Is there a name to this equation: \(\left( y - a | x |^b \right)^2 + (c x)^2 = d\)? https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/902120/is-there-a-name-to-this-equation-y-axb2-cx2-d. Accessed 1 Aug 2017
- Pham VT, Jafari S, Wang X, Ma J (2016) A chaotic system with different shapes of equilibria. Int J Bifurc Chaos 26, Article ID 1650069Google Scholar
- Pham VT, Volos C, Jafari S, Vaidyanathan S, Kapitaniak T, Wang X (2016) A chaotic system with different families of hidden attractors. Int J Bifurc Chaos 26(8), Article ID 1650139Google Scholar
- Sambas A, Vaidyanathan S, Mamat M, Sanjaya WM, Rahayu DS (2016) A 3-D novel jerk chaotic system and its application in secure communication system and mobile robot navigation. In: Vaidyanathan S, Volos C (eds) Advances and applications in Chaotic systems. Springer, Berlin, pp 283–310CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vaidyanathan S (2015) Adaptive synchronization of chemical chaotic reactors. Int J Chem Tech Res 8(2):612–621Google Scholar
- Vaidyanathan S (2016) Anti-synchronization of 3-cells cellular neural network attractors via integral sliding mode control. Int J PharmTech Res 9(1):193–205Google Scholar
- Vaidyanathan S (2016) Global chaos control of the FitzHugh-Nagumo chaotic neuron model via integral sliding mode control. Int J PharmTech Res 9(4):413–425Google Scholar
- Vaidyanathan S, Azar AT (2016) Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy logic controller for Liu-Chen four-scroll chaotic system. Int J Intell Eng Inform 4:135–150Google Scholar
- Volos CK, Prousalis D, Kyprianidis I, Stouboulos I, Vaidyanathan S, Pham VT (2016) Synchronization and anti-synchronization of coupled Hindmarsh-Rose neuron models. Int J Control Theory Appl 9(1):101–114Google Scholar
- Wang X, Pham VT, Volos C (2017) Dynamics, circuit design and synchronization of a new chaotic system with closed curve equilibrium. Complexity 2017, Article ID 7138971Google Scholar