Magnetic Shunt Design and Their Effects on Transformer Winding Electromagnetic Forces
- 39 Downloads
The major design purpose of the magnetic flux shunts is to reduce stray losses in the power transformer. Their influence on the surrounding leakage field, and thus the winding electromagnetic (EM) forces are also serious concerns, which are relevant to transformer operation safety. In this paper, the EM forces of transformer windings in the occurrence of magnetic flux shunts were studied based on the finite element method, which was validated by a double Fourier series method. The sensitivities of transformer EM forces to the shunt size and position were also investigated through parametric studies. The discussion on factors that influence the EM force should be of interest to practicing engineers in the transformer industry in winding strength calculation and magnetic shunt design.
KeywordsElectromagnetic force Leakage reactance Magnetic flux shunt Power transformer
This work is supported jointly by Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Provence Grant No. LQ18E050001, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities and National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant No. 11504324.
- Arand SJ, Abbaszadeh K (2004) The study of magnetic flux shunts effects on the leakage reactance of transformers via FEM. Majlesi J Electr Eng 4(3):47–52Google Scholar
- Arivamudhan M, Vanamadevi N, Santhi S (2008) Measurement of axial leakage flux for the detection of winding deformation in transformer. In: Proceedings of 2008 IEEE region 10th conferenceGoogle Scholar
- Cabanas MF et al (2005) A new online method based on leakage flux analysis for the early detection and location of insulating failures in power transformers. In: Proceedings of IEEE international symposium on diagnostics for electric machines, power electronics and drivesGoogle Scholar
- Cabanas MF et al (2009) Detection of Insulation faults on disk-type winding transformers by means of leakage flux analysis. In: Proceedings of IEEE international symposium on diagnostics for electric machines, power electronics and drivesGoogle Scholar
- Feyzi MR, Sabahi M (2008) Finite element analyses of short circuit forces in power transformers with asymmetric conditions. In: Proceedings of IEEE international symposium on industrial electronicsGoogle Scholar
- Ma H, Zhang D (2010) Computation of leakage flux and magnetic force in transformer by using field-circuit coupled finite element method. In: Proceedings of power and energy engineering conference (APPEEC)Google Scholar
- Zhang F et al (2011) Brief discussion on magnetic shielding structure of transformer. Transformer 48(2):17–20 (in Chinese) Google Scholar