A Robust LMI Approach on Nonlinear Feedback Stabilization of Continuous State-Delay Systems with Lipschitzian Nonlinearities: Experimental Validation
This paper suggests a novel nonlinear state-feedback stabilization control law using linear matrix inequalities for a class of time-delayed nonlinear dynamic systems with Lipschitz nonlinearity conditions. Based on the Lyapunov–Krasovskii stability theory, the asymptotic stabilization criterion is derived in the linear matrix inequality form and the coefficients of the nonlinear state-feedback controller are determined. Meanwhile, an appropriate criterion to find the proper feedback gain matrix F is also provided. The robustness purpose against nonlinear functions and time delays is guaranteed in this scheme. Moreover, the problem of robust H∞ performance analysis for a class of nonlinear time-delayed systems with external disturbance is studied in this paper. Simulations are presented to demonstrate the proficiency of the offered technique. For this purpose, an unstable nonlinear numerical system and a rotary inverted pendulum system have been studied in the simulation section. Moreover, an experimental study of the practical rotary inverted pendulum system is provided. These results confirm the expected satisfactory performance of the suggested method.
KeywordsNonlinear feedback stabilization Linear matrix inequalities Lipschitz nonlinearity Lyapunov–Krasovskii functional Time-delay
This work was partially supported by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, under grants DPI2016-77407-P (AEI/FEDER, UE).
- Amri I, Soudani D, Benrejeb M (2011) Robust state-derivative feedback LMI-based designs for time-varying delay system. In: International conference on communications, computing and control applications (CCCA), 2011. IEEE2011, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- Boyd S, El Ghaoui L, Feron E, Balakrishnan V (1994) Linear matrix inequalities in system and control theory. SIAMGoogle Scholar
- Hassanzadeh I, Mobayen S (2011) Controller design for rotary inverted pendulum system using evolutionary algorithms. Mathematical Problems in Engineering. 2011Google Scholar
- ECP Model (2003) Manual for A-51 inverted pendulum accessory (Model 220), Educational Control Products, California 91307, USAGoogle Scholar
- Scherer C, Weiland S (2000) Linear matrix inequalities in control. Lecture Notes, Dutch Institute for Systems and Control, Delft, The Netherlands, 3Google Scholar
- Tsai S-H, Hsiao M-Y, Li T-HS, Shih K-S, Chao C-H, Liu C-H (2009) LMI-based H∞ state-feedback control for TS time-delay discrete fuzzy bilinear system. In: IEEE International conference on systems, man and cybernetics, 2009 SMC 2009. IEEE2009, pp 1033–1038Google Scholar