TOPSIS Approach for MAGDM Based on Interval-Valued Hesitant Fuzzy N-Soft Environment
- 55 Downloads
Multi-attribute group decision-making (MAGDM) phenomenon is used to handle the information, when a number of attributes of alternatives are evaluated by a group of decision-makers. In this research article, we develop a novel approach called interval-valued hesitant fuzzy N-soft sets (IVHFNSSs) and extend the method of TOPSIS for solving MAGDM problems. In our proposed model, the evaluation information provided by the decision-makers is expressed in the form of ratings, grades and IVHFEs, whereas the information about attribute weights is arbitrary. The model provides us information about the occurrence of ratings or grades in hesitant situation. Moreover, we investigate some useful properties of IVHFNSSs and construct fundamental operations on them. By using the extended TOPSIS method, we describe potential applications of IVHFNSSs in MAGDM. We present our method in an algorithm and a graphical structure.
KeywordsIVHFS N-soft set TOPSIS MAGDM IVHFNSS
Mathematics Subject Classification03E05 03B52 94D05
The authors are grateful to an associate editor and anonymous referees for their valuable comments.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Akram, M., Adeel, A., Alcantud, J.C.R.: Fuzzy \(N\)-soft sets: a novel model with applications. J. Intell. Fuzzy Syst. 35(4), 4757–4771 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Aruldoss, M., Lakshmi, T.M., Venkatesan, V.P.: A survey on multi-criteria decision-making methods and its applications. Am. J. Inf. Syst. 1(1), 31–43 (2013)Google Scholar
- 26.Torra, V., Narukawa, Y.: On hesitant fuzzy sets and decisions. In: IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, 1378–1382 (2009)Google Scholar
- 28.Wang, F., Li, X., Chen, X.: Hesitant fuzzy soft set and its applications in multicriteria decision-making. J. Appl. Math.. 2014 Article ID 643785, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/643785 (2014)
- 29.Wang, J.Q., Li, X.E., Chen, X.H.: Hesitant fuzzy soft sets with application in multicriteria group decision-making problems. Sci. World J.. 2015 Article ID 806983, https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/806983 (2015)