Robust Fuzzy Control with Transient and Steady-State Performance Constraints for Ship Fin Stabilizing Systems
- 49 Downloads
This paper studies the robust fuzzy controller design problem for the nonlinear ship fin stabilizing systems. By considering the perturbations, the nonlinear ship fin stabilizing system is represented by the perturbed Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy model. According to the perturbed Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy model, the parallel distributed compensation technique is used to design a model-based robust fuzzy controller. The purpose of the parallel distributed compensation fuzzy controller is to derive linear controllers such that each fuzzy rule of the Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy model can be compensated. In addition to the robust stability performance, the variance constraint and transient performance constraint are also considered in this paper. According to these performance constraints, the linear matrix inequality technique is employed to solve the sufficient conditions developed in this paper. At last, some simulations for the control of nonlinear ship fin stabilizing systems are made to show the usefulness and effectiveness of the proposed design method.
KeywordsShip fin stabilizing system Robust fuzzy control Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy model Transient performance constraints and steady-state performance constraints
The authors would like to express their sincere gratitude to the anonymous reviewers who gave us many constructive comments and suggestions. This work was supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of China under Contract MOST107-2221-E-019-050.
- 2.Xiu, Z.H., Ren, G.: Fuzzy controller design and stability analysis for ship’s lift-feedback-fin stabilizer. In: Proceedings of the 2003 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 1692–1697 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Jin, H., Luo, Y., Wang, Z.: Design of sliding mode variable structure controller for electric servo system of fin stabilizer. In: Proceedings of the Sixth World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, vol. 1, pp. 2086–2090 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Ghassemi, H., Dadmarzi, F.H., Ghadimi, P., Ommani, B.: Neural network-PID controller for roll fin stabilizer. Pol. Marit. Res. 17, 23–28 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Alarcin, F., Demirel, H., Su, M.E., Yurtseven, A.: Conventional PID and modified PID controller design for roll fin electro-hydraulic actuator. Acta Polytech. Hung. 11(3), 233–248 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Chang, W.J., Hsu, F.L.: Mamdani and Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy controller design for ship fin stabilizing systems. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, Zhangjiajie, China, August 15–17, pp. 376–381 (2015)Google Scholar
- 22.Chang, W.J., Yang, C.T., Chen, P.H.: Robust fuzzy congestion control of TCP/AQM router via perturbed Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy models. Int. J. Fuzzy Syst. 15(2), 203–213 (2013)Google Scholar
- 24.Chang, W.J., Huang, B.J., Chen P.H.: Fuzzy stabilization for nonlinear discrete ship steering stochastic systems subject to state variance and passivity constraints. Math. Probl. Eng. 2014, Article ID 598618 (2014)Google Scholar
- 29.Ben Salah, R., Kahouli, O., Hadjabdallah, H.: A nonlinear Takagi–Sugeno fuzzy logic control for single machine power system. Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 354(5), 2295–2309 (2017)Google Scholar
- 37.Chang, C.M., Chang, W.J., Ku, C.C., Hsu, F.L.: Passive fuzzy control for lift feedback fin stabilizer systems of a ship via multiplicative noise based on fuzzy model. J. Mar. Sci. Technol. 26(2), 159–165 (2018)Google Scholar