Relaxed Controller Design Conditions for Takagi–Sugeno Systems with State Time-Varying Delays
This paper deals with the design of fuzzy controllers for Takagi–Sugeno (T-S) fuzzy models with state time-varying delays. New relaxed delay-dependent conditions for the stabilization purpose are proposed in terms of linear matrix inequalities (LMIs), including the knowledge of the bounds of the time-varying delay and its rate of variation. The conservatism improvement is brought through three points: (1) the choice of a convenient augmented Lyapunov–Krasovskii functional candidate, (2) the application of an extension of the Jensen’s inequality, and (3) the Finsler’s lemma. In this context, a parallel distributed compensation control law, which includes both memoryless and delayed state feedbacks, is considered. To apply such control law, it is required to assume that the time-varying delay is available online. Under this assumption, it is highlighted that the proposed LMI-based conditions are significantly relaxed for high rate of variation of the time delay. On the other hand, when this assumption cannot be guaranteed, straightforward corollaries are proposed. A numerical example is provided to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed LMI-based conditions and their conservatism improvement regarding to previous results.
KeywordsTakagi–Sugeno (T-S) models Time-varying delay Delay-dependent controller design Lyapunov–Krasovksii functional (LKF) Linear matrix inequalities (LMIs)
- 15.Jaadari, A., Guerra, T.M., Sala, A., Bernal, M.: Finsler’s relaxation for local h-infinity controller design of continuous-time takagi-sugeno models via non-quadratic lyapunov functions. Am. Control Conf. 2013, 5648–5653 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.Jaadari, A., Guerra, T.M., Sala, A., Bernal, M., Guelton, K.: New controllers and new designs for continuous-time takagi-sugeno models. In: IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 1–7 (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.Oliveira, R.C., De Oliveira, M.C., Peres, P.L.: Robust state feedback LMI methods for continuous-time linear systems: Discussions, extensions and numerical comparisons. In: IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design (2011)Google Scholar
- 27.Skelton, R., Iwasaki, T., Grigoriadis, K.: A Unified Algebraic Approach to Linear Control Design. Taylor and Francis, London (1998)Google Scholar
- 38.Zerar, M., Guelton, K., Manamanni, N.: Linear fractional transformation based h-infinity output stabilization for takagi-sugeno fuzzy models. Mediterr. J. Meas. Control 4(3), 111–121 (2008)Google Scholar